UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Bar Harbor/Acadia area trip

5/23/06 4:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Winston Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-May-06

Im staying at a house in Trenton looking at Union River Bay.Anyone been to this area have any reccomendations ??
5/24/06 11:45 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 24-May-06
I've stayed there a few times. I used to rent a house in the area during the summers to get away. I've also chartered a sailboat in Bar Harbor as well. Go to the top of Acadia, it's beautiful up there! Lots of wild berries.
5/25/06 7:28 AM
Winston Wolf

Edited: 25-May-06
ya thats cadillac mountain which i here is great
10/6/06 12:23 AM
Linx

Edited: 06-Oct-06
Went to Maine last year. They have some great trails in Acadia that are classified as non-technical climbing, so they are a little ruffer, but my wife maneged to survive. If you have the desire or means to go on day trips, the rachel Carson Preserve and National Estuary Preserve are 3-4 hours south in Wells. The salt marshes there are worth seeing. Also, Baxter would be a great place to see and is also only about 3 hours away. It was closed when we went due to flooding and we went to a near by wilderness area (Mattawamkieg)sp? We were the only people in the whole place besides a park service logger clearing trees. Oh yeah, don't forget to sample the beers in bar harbor. Any of the blueberry beers are good and coal porter is great too.
10/6/06 8:40 AM
Winston Wolf

Edited: 06-Oct-06
the beers were great .I liked the Bar Harbor Ale .Found it here in NY as well.I also saw the blueberry one maybe ill get that next time

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.