UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Bar Harbor/Acadia area trip

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/23/06 4:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Winston Wolf
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-May-06

Im staying at a house in Trenton looking at Union River Bay.Anyone been to this area have any reccomendations ??
5/24/06 11:45 PM
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-May-06
I've stayed there a few times. I used to rent a house in the area during the summers to get away. I've also chartered a sailboat in Bar Harbor as well. Go to the top of Acadia, it's beautiful up there! Lots of wild berries.
5/25/06 7:28 AM
Winston Wolf
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-May-06
ya thats cadillac mountain which i here is great
10/6/06 12:23 AM
Linx
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Oct-06
Went to Maine last year. They have some great trails in Acadia that are classified as non-technical climbing, so they are a little ruffer, but my wife maneged to survive. If you have the desire or means to go on day trips, the rachel Carson Preserve and National Estuary Preserve are 3-4 hours south in Wells. The salt marshes there are worth seeing. Also, Baxter would be a great place to see and is also only about 3 hours away. It was closed when we went due to flooding and we went to a near by wilderness area (Mattawamkieg)sp? We were the only people in the whole place besides a park service logger clearing trees. Oh yeah, don't forget to sample the beers in bar harbor. Any of the blueberry beers are good and coal porter is great too.
10/6/06 8:40 AM
Winston Wolf

Edited: 06-Oct-06
the beers were great .I liked the Bar Harbor Ale .Found it here in NY as well.I also saw the blueberry one maybe ill get that next time

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.