UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> What could I have done?

9/3/02 2:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fireworks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Sep-02

I was involved in an altercation this weekend, someone assaulted my wife while she exited a restaurant, I cam along 5 seconds later to hear her shouting(he had grabbed her behind the head and her breast and wagged his tongue - out of the F'in blue). I followed after him immediately and we started in right away. I got the best of him, but then his 6 friends swarmed me like bees and all hell broke loose. My cousin came after me, about 5 seconds later (he was in the the Bathroom). All we could basically do, which ended up being the best plan, is hit , clinch and push/throw/topple and move to the next. We both got out of it with just 1 black eye a piece and plenty of bruises on our backs, they even hit us with their cell phones (thank god no bottles). We actually drove them away scurrying like rats, but, we were very F'in lucky. It was almost impossible to throw a punch, kick, anything, because as you handled one, 2-3 jumped you from behind. I was very fustrated and angry at the whole thing. I was angry that my wife had to be accosted by a bunch of little punk bastards. And I was fustrated that I did not fight better. But the fact is, unless my cousin and I were THE 2 Top Heavyweight pro fighters in like the world, we ended up doing well. But, we were very, very lucky. In that situation, it was absolutely impossible to plan a strategy or anything, you just try and survive. No matter what your style, or technique, add just one more person to the mix and you are potentially screwed. You never know what is going to happen - like I found out. My 2cents.
9/3/02 4:43 PM

Edited: 03-Sep-02
Fireworks: Read Coach Blauer’s answer to “Defusing a break-in”; it doesn’t get any clearer than that. What’s done is done so don’t dwell on what you “could” have done, you did it, learn from it! As Coach teaches, do a post-incident review. When you do the post-incident review look at the whole evening, not just from the point where you heard your wife yelling. Be honest with yourself, figure out what you did that was desirable and what you did that was less desirable. While you are exploring the options, as Coach says, make sure you are preparing for your next fight not your last fight. If you don’t have any of Coach’s videos make sure you call the corporate office and talk to Phil, he can get you started with some life altering information. Rob Gebhart
9/5/02 5:40 PM
HEMAN
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Sep-02
Sounds like u did GOOD! You survived a multiple attack scenario. Maybe u wanted VENGENCE. But either way u did good. U and ya cuz walked away with some bruises but that's about it.
9/6/02 9:46 AM
Fireworks

Edited: 06-Sep-02
Heman: Thanks for the kind words my friend. -F.
9/7/02 3:40 AM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 07-Sep-02
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
"You never know what is going to happen - like I found out. " Exactly. I didnt know if there was a question in your post or if you were just venting here :-) Assuming the question was interlaced and was a "what do you think of this probelm?'....let me add some thoughts: 1. You did good. Period. WHile you may not have arm barred or knocked out everyone with flying kicks you survived, you assereted you fought ...thats a victory. 2. SOme fights are complete chaos...thtas the SPORT VS STREET paradigm shift Ive tried to inspire for 20 years in the MA community. 3. You can train for 'it' but you can never know until 'it'. 4.Ive done many scenario alive and in isolation with multiple attackers. Am I more prepared? Yes. AM I more confident? Yes. DO I think that mty training will help? Yes. Do I think I KNOW what will happen and how it will turn out? Nope. There are no 'techniques' to learn for a real street fight, simply, what we in the PDR porgragram lovingly refer to as the THREE T's: TOOLS, TARGETS, TACTICS. Tony
9/10/02 10:13 AM
Fireworks

Edited: 10-Sep-02
What material do you have that deals primarily on the development of the the Three T's concepts?
9/13/02 11:24 AM
Fireworks

Edited: 13-Sep-02
ttt
9/14/02 1:52 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 14-Sep-02
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
ALmost everyone of my new tapes covers elements or alludes to drills and training evolutions...in other words, anyting you watch of mine will always inject the true forlmulae to spontaneity and creativity in training for self- defense. Tools= SKill set dev. Targets= Any place on your oppoent's body Tactics=When your tool meets their target. TOny

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.