UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> UFC 60 was almost surreal

5/28/06 12:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
per
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-May-06

Got up at 2 in the night to discover it was actually on at 4, not 2.. Yawn.... Anyway, watching Royce tonight was almost an unreal feeling. He has not been walking towards the octagon for, 11 years? And here he walks down through the audience with a look on his face that ive never seen before, focused, but still there was something strange about it, like he was taken by the seriousness of it all, (don't get me wrong, im not saying he was scared). He stood perfectly still and watched hughes bounce around, didnt speak to his corner or anything. When he just got in the ring I had to laugh when he spoke to big john. Those two were the only ones in and around the octagon that were there when it all started. They go back some time, Big john sparred with Royce for his first ufc fights and has refereed many of them, but Royce has been away. Away for so long, and big john was there all this time. Royce almost looked old, and here was john, telling him what to do, telling him to defend himself, like Royce did not know what he was in for and what he had to do. Of course he knew what he had to do, he just couldnt do it. Anyway, what felt the MOST strange was the end of the fight was watching Royce be controlled like that. I did believe matt would walk all over him, but more like lying in his closed guard and chop away with little punches, maybe knock him out standing. I never thougt we would get to see royce flat on his belly legs hooked up high in the air! Outpounded and OUTGRAPPLED. Unbelievable in my eyes. Well, I guess it was even more of a mismatch than i thought. Royce has risen a zillion respect points in my eyes, but he did that already when he accepted this fight.
5/29/06 7:30 AM
per
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-May-06
" mma != bjj || submission grappling " And american football is wrestling and cardio. Seriously, what is your point?
5/30/06 12:55 PM
per

Edited: 30-May-06
"'And american football is wrestling and cardio.' That makes no sense. " No, it does not. "!= is not equal to. || is OR. " My sincere apologies for not knowing computer programming language. But i think very few people could make any sense out of your post. Kindly speak using words from now on. Back on subject: Royce have said before that he is extremely calm before a fight, and his pulse is normally under 60, but he did not have the "angry tiger" look that we all remember from the old days. Second point: People are talking about the 1,5 million he supposedly made from this fight, and how he laughs all the way to the bank. He could probably make twice that in K-1 fighting a japanese pro-wrestler or sumo guy that he could submit with ease. Instead, he put his (almost) perfect UFC record on the line against one of the most dangerous fighters of today. Royce WANTED this fight and gave Zuffa a discount. Big props go out to a true warrior that puts his reputation on the line. Now let us see Rickson do the same thing

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.