UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> pocket clip to applegate folder?

5/29/06 8:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
napout
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-May-06

just out of curiosity, could you add a pocket clip to the applegate combat folder? i know its a huge knife for straight pocket carry, but being a fairly large guy i was just curious. has anyone ever done it or would it destroy the structural integrity of the grips? thanks in advance. g
5/30/06 5:47 PM
krept
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-May-06
I haven't seen one in person, but looking at the picture of it, the slabs appear to be held on to the frame by recessed torx screws. They should screw into a metallic (steel, titanium, etc.) liner, which will also give you a little more room. you'd want to do it close to the butt end of the handle (as opposed towards the pivot end) so you don't get close to the liner lock. I think you'll be fine. Just off the top of my head, I've bought stuff from these guys and know they at least minimally have what you will need to make it work: http://texasknife.com/store/s-pages/TKS_MainframeStore.htm they have two different sizes for clip blanks and also have screws. The trick will be threading the slabs... depending on how thick the slabs are in the middle, you might not even have to thread the metal liner. I dig the blade profile and yeah, it always sucked that the knife didn't have a clip. cheers
5/30/06 9:19 PM
napout
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-May-06
thanks, the info is much appreciated. G

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.