UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> Who picked Royce?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/1/06 3:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TSands
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Jun-06 03:04 AM

+
Mixed Martial Arts Handicapping, President
Date: 04/19/06 08:38 PM
1097 Total Posts
Ignore User

I want to encourage everyone to bet heavily on Royce

So did anyone actually follow the advice and bet on Royce. I know that MMAHandicapping later came on and claimed that this would not be held against the repuatation of their site but where have they been since the end of the fight? How can I take picks like that seriously if they won't even come out and admit their defeat?

6/1/06 3:29 AM
FightingMajor

Edited: 01-Jun-06
I can assure you they had big money on Hughes, as did I. I had my largest bet of the year on Hughes at -270. They were just joking around, as was I. I had a huge night on Saturday, 4 of 5 wins, with my only loss being Matthyse in boxing. I also played Gonzalez +110, Swick +115, Hughes -270, and Gonzaga -228 ish.
6/1/06 3:30 AM
sawdusk
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think they were being sarcastic and "hoping" to get people to lower the odds on hughes... I didn't take it as a serious post, at least... I wanted royce, but recognized the pure "from the heart" bet it would have been... conversely, I didn't touch hughes either cause I hate that dichotomy of betting against a personal fav... this one was too personal...
6/1/06 3:35 AM
TSands

FightingMajor....

I found it sort of odd that they had not been posting this weekend. Hughes was easily the best UFC Main Event bet this year. People just have such a hard time imagining a historic figure like Royce Gracie being pounded out. I wish I could replay Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Terry Norris over and over so these thick headed people can finally realize that all legends do die.

Gracie did fight valiantly though and showed great heart while he was being kimuraed. This puts the UFC veterans at 1-8 since Zuffa took over with the one win being Ken Shamrock over Kimo.

6/1/06 3:51 AM
FightingMajor

My biggest score on fights of all time was Tyson coming back to face Holyfield. I told my wife this is THE fight to lay the money down on. My money was down early on that one. Luckily, I was a huge believer in the Real Deal, and a non belever in the Mike Tyson hype. That line was so far out of whack in Vegas, it still boggles my mind. I am out for the night.
6/1/06 3:01 PM
electricApe

My only play for UFC 60 was Matt Hughes at -286 / -265. Would have loved to have gotten him where some others did late (-230 to -240) but I had already played him pretty heavy and was away from my computer on Saturday. FM, didn't Holyfield vs. Tyson open at something like 30-1 in Las Vegas? If you were backing Holyfield you must have made out like a champ.
6/1/06 3:54 PM
FightingMajor

I got something like +1600. I don't expect to ever have another opportunity like that one.
6/1/06 7:08 PM
usurper
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i bet big on hughes at -270

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.