UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> Castillo didnt make weight....yet

6/2/06 6:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Jun-06
JoeyOddessa.com

If he actually tries, I can see this line dropping 30+ cents.

Jose Luis Castillo has just weighed in at 140 or FIVE POUNDS above the lightweight limit. Corrales weighed in right at the 135 limit. After Corrales made weight, Castillo got on the scale again and weighed 139.5. Castillo now has two hours to lose two pounds. IF he can do that, Castillo will be given another two hours to lose the balance. At that point, they'll decide if we have a fight. Promoter Bob Arum has stated previously that Castillo was facing big penalties if he could not make weight. It is rumored he would forfeit 25% of his purse to Corrales.

6/2/06 7:22 PM
sawdusk
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

son of a!!! don't know what to do now... already have a piece on castillo by stoppage... if they fight at 140, would love to max that bet... but like you said, if he tries to make weight, the line's gonna flip flop some and I'm not too confident about castillo being in fighting shape, as I'm sure he is already weak... espn reported him looking horrible and lying on the stage.. another 5 pounds and his stand up could be as effective as mike nickels...
6/2/06 8:34 PM
sawdusk
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fight is off...
6/2/06 10:40 PM
TSands
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's amazing that professional fighters can not make weight....
6/3/06 1:30 AM
FightingMajor

Edited: 03-Jun-06
WTF? I really like Castillo, but this is completely unprofessional. I am glad Corales did not fight. Let's see how Arum handles it. He was completly furious over this.
6/3/06 10:19 AM
TSands

Edited: 03-Jun-06 10:23 AM
Weight cutting is very serious business.... If not done properly it can be deadly. I cut weight for years and that was for much less than the millions of dollars Castillo was going to make on Saturday night. I believe behavior like this should get you black balled from the sport but we will likely see these two side by side in no time at a pre fight press conference... The UFC had a chance to take a big stand against this lack of professionalism in MMA but showed no backbone by letting Joe Riggs fight on the following PPV after his Main Event diabacle with Matt Hughes. Guys like this are a disgrace to the sport and need to be rightfully punished.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.