UnderGround Forums

Utah Underground >> ICA Seminar July 1st 2006

6/6/06 12:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DJColdfusion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Jun-06 05:29 PM

"ICA" Seminar July 1st 2006 Machado SLC BJJ (http://www.slcbjj.com) is bringing PanAmerican champion and 2nd degree Rigan Machado black belt Ricardo "ICA" Medina to Utah for a special no-gi seminar that will focus on guard recovery, half-guard techniques, and x-guard. Ica has one of the slickest guard games on the planet and is as technical as it gets. Here's a quick bio on ICA: In October 2000 Ica became the first Mexican to earn a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Born in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico, ICA was attracted to the martial arts at an early age and trained as a boxer for many years. When he immigrated to the USA at the age of 18 he began training in other martial arts, including Judo and Muay Thai. Ica's evolution in the martial arts led him to train under a number of "greats" in the martial arts, including Guro Dan Inosanto. His first exposure to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu came at the hands of Rickson Gracie before he settled in with the Machado brothers Carlos, Jean Jacques, Roger, John, and of course Rigan. Ica's technical expertise has helped him to succeed in numerous BJJ tournaments including a gold medal in the PanAmerican Championships, American Internationals, International Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Grappling Games, Copa Pacifica, Joe Morieria Annual Championships, etc. If you are one of "those" people who think that the guard is a defensive position then you need to come to this seminar more than anyone else. Yes, you typically want to fight from the top but when you end up on the bottom you need to know how to fight from there. Ica will help you add a dimension to your Jits game that will open up a world of offensive opportunities for BJJ, sub-grappling, and MMA competition. I'll post more about the seminar on http://www.slcbjj.com as soon as I can. The seminar will be held Saturday July 1st at 10am at the Ultimate Combat Training Center. 4101 West 4715 South, Kearns 801-967-5295 Ica is pricing this seminar at an incredibly low $25 for anyone who pre-registers and $30 for anyone who registers the day of the event. You will NOT find a seminar of this caliber at a price anywhere near $25. Bring a group and get a discount. Register five people and get one free admission or $5 off per-person. You could get yourself and a few friends into this incredible seminar for as little as $20 per-person if you register early! Want to bring a larger group? Then contact me (geraldharris1@hotmail.com) to make your reservations and I'll work with Ica to get you the best deal possible. Don't miss your chance to train with an incredible black belt instructor and one of BJJ's most technical guard players. Email geraldharris1@hotmail.com with any questions or to make a reservation.
6/26/06 10:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DJColdfusion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jun-06
Last week before the seminar, email me at geraldharris1@hotmail.com to register!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.