UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Revolutionary Camera?

6/7/06 12:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
salto
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Jun-06

The Red One camera was pretty well hyped but elusive as the yeti at the NAB. They had no working prototype but a whole lot of hype on a camera that is touted as being able to push 11.4M pixels at up to 60fps and record RAW, or 2x over-sampled HD in 4:4:4. It can shoot up to 4k and down res to standard DV. I have no idea how they would pipe all that info out. It sounds like you'd be attached to a raid with a few fans strapped to you. All for a projected price of only $17,000 for the body. That's 1 month of varicam rental. Here is an interview with the founder of Redd: http://www.hdforindies.com/2006/02/hd4nds-exclusive-interview- with-jim It sounds just too good to be true, but I hope it can at least do half of what they say it can.
6/7/06 2:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Jun-06
I've been following this camera for the past year. I've seen still images, hype and am waiting to see a working prototype. If it meets the specs, then it is a beast. It seems to keep being pushed back though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.