UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Pro Wrestling Weekly/ Gong

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/15/06 2:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grizzly Gym
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Jun-06

Hi there, I was recently honoured at the Cauliflower Alley Club's annual event in Las Vegas, and a number of Japanese media were on hand. I was told that photos of myself (and my masked alter ego, El Bibliotecario Enmascarado ) may appear in Pro Wrestling Weekly or Pro Wrestling Gong; is there any chance that any of you folks may have access to those magazines? I'd happily pay to receive those issues over here in Canada. Please shoot me an email at mikemartelle@hotmail.com if you can help. Thanks so much everybody! Sincerely, Mike
6/16/06 8:23 PM
HungryTiger

Edited: 16-Jun-06
Yo dude! Showing up again in the japanese mags? I live in Japan now, will have a look at those mags to see if i find the bibliotecario. What does the costume looks like?
6/18/06 8:55 PM
Grizzly Gym

Edited: 18-Jun-06
Hey hey, I was hoping to see Hungry Tiger on this thread! Actually, El Bibliotecario Enmascarado looks suspiciously like a big white guy in a red and green Rey Mysterio mask. :) I would love to see the coverage of those events. Thank you so much for any help!!! Sincerely, Mike
6/20/06 9:23 AM
HungryTiger

Edited: 20-Jun-06
Sorry man I almost forgot about that! I've been kinda busy, I'm in between jobs. I did remember this afternoon, I checked all three convinience stores near my house but they didn't have any pro wrestling mag... I'll go check a proper bookstore as soon as I can!
6/21/06 9:50 AM
HungryTiger

Edited: 21-Jun-06
I went to a bookstore, checked those two wrestling mags, more especifically Weekly Pro Wrestling 7/5 No.1321, and Gong Weekly 7/5 No.1131 but did not this any coverage from Las Vegas. I have to admit that after a few pages all those costumes and masks started looking the same! I looked at all the pages, there were some big coverages of events in other american cities, but didn't see anything about LV. Do you know in what edition it will be published? Or can you give me the date the event took place?
6/21/06 7:49 PM
Grizzly Gym

Edited: 21-Jun-06
Hey Hungry Tiger! Man, thanks so much for all your efforts. I really appreciate this, and if ever can return the favour, you just let me know. The event was June 10, so I'm not sure how long a turnaround time to expect before the mags cover it. I was wearing a bright red dress shirt to accept my award, which definately stood out amongst all the classier suits in attendance. El Bibliotecario wore a blue polo shirt. :) Thanks again brother, Mike
6/28/06 5:27 AM
HungryTiger

Edited: 28-Jun-06 07:08 AM
Ok, so i have been going to the bookstore everyday waiting for this week's wrestling mags... Today, I found what you're looking for. It's a one page report from Nevada, Las Vegas Plaza hotel "Cauliflower Alley Club", it took place on the 8,9 and 10th of June. Unfortunately bro, you're not there! There was a big photo of some dude called "Mil Mascaras" being awarded by "The Destroyer". Then there are a few small photos of mostly retired old dudes. There's no mention of "El Bibliotecario Enmascarado" or Mike Martelle. It's on Weekly Gong 1132, 7/12. If it interests you I can buy it and send it over to Canada... (dont know what the cost mag + shipping would be though)
6/30/06 1:40 PM
Grizzly Gym

Edited: 30-Jun-06
Aw, dude! Thanks so much for checking, that's really nice of you. Are you positive there isn't even the tinyiest appearance by a good-looking Canadian guy in a red shirt, or a dashing red/green/yellow masked luchador in any of the shots? If they even just list my name as an award winner, I'd still love to get the issue. THanks again, I owe you! Mike
7/1/06 10:13 AM
HungryTiger

Edited: 01-Jul-06
Yeah man I'm sure! I've seen your photo in your profile and like I said, the photos were mostly of old guys and that mil mascaras dude... didn't see any mention of your name/alterego either. Maybe you'll have better luck next time! And dont worry bro, it's my pleasure to be able to help.
7/3/06 9:31 PM
Grizzly Gym

Edited: 03-Jul-06
Aw...okay. :) Thanks again HungryTiger, I really do appreciate you checking into that! Mike
7/3/06 11:55 PM
ResuTudo

Edited: 03-Jul-06
mike, do you have a website?
7/20/06 1:21 PM
Grizzly Gym

Edited: 20-Jul-06
www.grizzlygym.com !
7/21/06 12:20 AM
ResuTudo

Edited: 21-Jul-06
how was Tijuana?
11/9/06 1:44 PM
Grizzly Gym

Edited: 09-Nov-06
Always a good time in TJ!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.