UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> Some Random Boxing Notes

6/19/06 7:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FightingMajor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jun-06 07:19 PM

- Outdoor Life Network (soon to be called Versus Network) will debut an aproximately monthly boxing card on their network July 27 in association with Bob Arum. The debut card is supposed to feature Kelly Pavlik. In addition to these live cards, they are supposed to start a classics series in which they show some of the previous Arum promoted fights. For the bettor, it is another place to view live fights and another source to stockpile the fight library. - It appears Barrera-Juarez II will take place on September 6 now. It currently appears this is a PPV and possible undercard bouts include Johnny Gonzalez-Vazquez and Barrios-Guzman. This would be an awesome card, don't you think. - Oscar De Lahoya has apparently decided to not fight this year, meaning a potential retirement fight with Mayweather could be pushed back to next year. - Mayweather has booked November 4 PPV date and his potential opponents include; Hatton, Margarito, Mosley-Vargas winner, Cotto and Baldomir, if he defeats Gatti. Of these opponents, I would guess Hatton will be the guy, if not Mosley-Vargas winner. - Winky Wright is adament that he won the fight the other night, but apparently he does not want a rematch, unless there is some really big money. - Steve Cunningham-Gullermo Jones is now scheduled for the Spinks-Kamarzin undercard. This one would surely be broadcast on the Showtime card. This makes two likely bets on this night for FM. Also on the undercard looks to be the return of Mormeck. - Joe Calzaggi is issuing a stern challenge to Bernard Hopkins, saying he just took away his planned nest egg by defeating Tarver. - Speaking of Tarver, there is serious talk that Jeff Lacy will return this fall to challenge Tarver at LHW. This would be a step up in weight for Lacy, but something tells me not to expect this one. - Roy Jones Jr. has publicly stated he wants Glen Johnson after his next Prince Ajamu fight. Johnson has already publicly responded that he will be happy to set that one up, as I'm sure he would. - There is a rumor of a Toney-Peter fight going around. I don't believe this will happen. It does not make sense to me. Toney has an automatic title shot in hand against winner of Maskaev-Rahamn, so why would he risk it, and why would Peter's people put him against a defensive genius like Toney, who could potentially make him look foolish. - Tarver-Hopkins did 330,000 ppv buys. This would have to be considered a little below what they would have expected. - Sharmba Mitchell is taunting Antonio Margarito to step up and sign the contract. Doesn't something seem a little odd with this picture?
6/19/06 8:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
esch99
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jun-06
Thanks for the notes, major! Some interesting stuff there. i would also be interested in that Barrera PPV if it happens. I would be more interested in a Manny rematch before Marco is too old, though. I for one am excited about the Vargas and Mosely rematch and think it will go Vargas's way this time, although that is more my heart than head speaking there.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.