UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Pics from San Jose Rifle Class

6/27/06 3:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Aaron Little
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jun-06 03:57 PM

The fighting rifle class in San Jose CA this past weekend was great. I had 17 very eager to learn students and a great range to train on. It was hot....damn hot....but that did not stop the training.

We had a good mix of AR15s and M1As in the class with one Mini 14 and an AK47 thrown in for good measure.

It is great to see classes like this going on in CA.

Below are some of the pictures I took of the class.

I can find cool things to shoot even in California!

Mike doing his thing.

Mike having fun!

She is 60 years old and trains like a beast!

Our very own Low Light Mod running a drill!(From the Get Off The X Forum)

This is San Jose's Dog Catcher!

I wonder if Petet Ho has this much fun playing Airsoft!(Owner of Airsoft Extreme)

This rifle is about to go KABOOM!

This is why Mace hosted this class!

OK So not all reporters are bad! He was in the class to do an article for ARMS magazine and to produce a video segment for Gunner, a video magazine.

Kaboom Pic #1

Kaboom Pic #2 (same rifle)

Someone had to borrow a rifle to finish the class.

This is just a scary picture!

Even after blowing up his rifle Mr HK man still could not wipe the smile off of his face! When I taught a Fighting Pistol class here in February this same student had an HK go Tits Up on him (hence the name).
6/27/06 5:54 PM
krept
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jun-06
kick ass pics. couple ?s... my understanding is that in CA you can't bring in magazines that hold more than 10 rounds and you can bring in anything defined as an "assault weapon." If correct, did this present any problems? also, for the guy who's AR KB'd... (holy crap)... does this mean he is SOL because of the ban? I don't think that receiver is repairable. If so, I would have died. What happened to his HK? thanks!
6/27/06 7:12 PM
Aaron Little

>>kick ass pics.
Thank You!

I did not take a rifle with me. I borrowed one from a student to demonstrate with. I know that all of the students were not from CA but I did not ask who was from where or whether they flew or drove with their rifles. It was none of my business. Regarding mags it is my understanding that full capacity mags are fine for non-residents to bring into the state for use in an organized event. This is the second class I have taught in San Jose and there has never been a problem at the airport coming or going. I have had 15 rd G19 mags both times.

Regarding the KABOOM, that is a very good question. He has copied me on the email he sent to the ammo manufacture. I will keep tabs on it and post back the outcome.
6/27/06 7:50 PM
Aaron Little

>>What happened to his HK?

The best I remember it was more a matter of a crappy HK magazine. It seems like he pulled it from a mag pouch for a tac reload and when he slammed it home it fell apart.
6/28/06 6:41 PM
krept
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jun-06
thanks for the info. trust me, the last thing i would want to do is to raise any eyebrows on the event. i remember with the ban (when ARs and AKs had to be registered) people were thinking a total confiscation was impending. it's good to see that LE is taking a reasonable approach. the main concern that i have is that i lived in southern california for years, moved to AZ and acquired weapons and a CCW and now my wife has been discussing moving to central/northern california. Seeing all the weapons in that class is just a normal day at the range (some even have full auto ARs and AKs - nobody asks) but for California, I reckon it would be special indeed. Seeing the M1As is very heart warming... lord knows I was fortunate to keep a good amount of USGI 20rd magazines at my sisters house in CA, so if I move back, I'll probably switch to that platform. Again from those pics, looks like an awesome, awesome class. cheers
6/29/06 7:31 AM
Aaron Little

Edited: 29-Jun-06
krept - Being from the free state of Kentucky I must say that the whole experiance is kind of strange for me out there. Havine to unload magazines before leaving the range just seems crazy to me. I can tell you that there were several LEO in this class and at least they had no probelem with what the other students were shooting.

Regarding the pics.....I am teaching a Fighting Pistol class in Nashville this coming weekend. I will try and post pics from that class next week.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.