UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Anyone ever buy research paper?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/27/06 10:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Angelo Popofski
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jun-06

Hey everyone...I'm sorta stuck in a situation and need a little help getting by a paper assignment....my question is has anyone ever bought a term paper online? Anyone done it and gotten caught, or know someone directly that has used one of these services? Yes, I know the consequences, I just really need to pass this assignment and class.
6/28/06 11:15 AM
Kyle Cooley
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jun-06
Shame, shame... I know your name.
6/28/06 2:46 PM
Angelo Popofski
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOLOLOL ....sshhhhh. it'l ruin my rep. oh, wait, too late for that :)
6/28/06 3:01 PM
OctaviousBP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the topic?
6/28/06 3:42 PM
Angelo Popofski

African American Literature....anything on Ellison, Hughes, Baldwin, Zora Neal Hurston, Alice Walker...an arguementative paper.
6/30/06 1:59 AM
eabeam
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jun-06
I would watch out. Most universities pay for their teachers to use a text search service these days. The ones that I taught for did.
7/5/06 8:40 PM
jesada
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Jul-06
On the other side, one of my fellow grad students caught one. I believe it was expulsion. If it's a bad situation, you may be able to get an incomplete if you talk to your prof. or academic advisor in your dept.
7/5/06 10:24 PM
Angelo Popofski

Edited: 05-Jul-06
ended up doing it on my own....wasn't worth the risk. crappy paper, or not, at least it's my work :) lol, i just paniced for a second.
7/6/06 2:26 AM
Jonwell
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jul-06
Good decision :) My g/f has to turn all her work in on disk as well as printed out, because the school runs all work through a database of for-sale term papers.
7/6/06 1:59 PM
Kyle Cooley
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone ever buy a BJJ Brown Belt? I wanna take the easy way and I figured I could just buy one online. :-D
7/7/06 12:00 AM
Angelo Popofski

ooohhh....Kyle, that hurts...that just hurts...Touche, point taken :)

Happy to let you all know that I got my paper back tonight and I got an A-

7/7/06 3:24 PM
Dogbert

Edited: 07-Jul-06
Welcome back to the good side.
7/9/06 11:18 PM
GrandInquisitor
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jul-06
Good job. Cheating in a University situation isn't like high school - if you get caught, you're fucked. With a plagarism mark on your transcript, most Universities will quickly pass you over and you will never be trusted cademically again. You're obviously a bright guy - you got an A. Don't worry about buying a paper, all you have to do is put a little effort in to your work - you did, and you did a really good job.
8/30/06 6:40 PM
ironmongoose

Edited: 30-Aug-06
The text search services are one thing... the other thing is that from what I hear, a lot of the papers that are for sale aren't necessarily all that well-written.
9/1/06 8:51 PM
Little Ron
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Sep-06
I personally paid my BJJ tuition for my entire college career by writing term papers at the end of the fall and spring semesters. My advice: 1. Use a friend. Almost all of my "clients" were people I knew personally. They knew I had a good reputation both personally and academically. 2. Pick someone articulate. This goes without saying but most people probably would go for intelligence over articulation. While this can be argued, I found that while I had solid grades and consider myself of above average intelligence I was definatly NOT the smartest person in my class. I was however very good at expressing myself. In a paper that's what counts. 3. Get a gaurentee. This coincides with #1 but I true friend will give a gaurentee. I used to give gaurentees based on $$. The more they paid the higher the grade gaurentee. If I failed to meet the grade (never happened) I gave them 1/2 back. Hope this helps. It's always best to write your own papers but sometimes you just get stuck. Using someone who is honest and proven can be mutually beneficial.
9/27/06 2:52 PM
McBooger

Edited: 27-Sep-06
I would avoid downloaded papers, as most colleges are using services like mydropbox.com to screen for downloaded/plagiarized papers. That's the site my college uses. Like the other people said, if you get caught cheating in college it's bad news, either pay a friend that is good at writing papers or hard-ass through it. College only lasts a few years (for most of us) :P
10/9/06 11:38 PM
eabeam

Edited: 09-Oct-06
Honestly, I could tell you did their own work based on the writing style. Granted, I taught small grad level classes. I never bothered with the online paper-checkers because I had a handle on the way my students wrote and thought. The ones with questionable papers were too weak to even cheat well.
10/10/06 2:36 AM
Dogbert

Edited: 10-Oct-06
I once graded term papers where 1/4 were pure plagiarism... It´s very easy to spot, even without software.
11/14/06 6:36 PM
Tyson86
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Nov-06
"The ones with questionable papers were too weak to even cheat well." My father is an English professor, and he says exactly the same thing. It is very easy to spot.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.