UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Tell Me About Cal State

7/6/06 10:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kona Silat
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jul-06

How good are California State Univiersities, particularily their graduate programs? I am thinking of a MS degree in comp sci.
8/9/06 2:37 AM
Greggie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Aug-06
As I understand it, UC's are thought of as a tier above the Cal State system. Greg
8/29/06 10:17 PM
eabeam
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Aug-06
That is too broad a question. Not all cal state's are the same, and graduate programs vary in quality. For example, CSUN has a very good programs for the film industry, actually rated over USC and UCLA a few years. (Based off of giving good foot-in-the-door skills) UC's have better reputations, but some are getting more academically based. For example, UCLA gave up its school psych credentialling program in favor of the more clinical and academic fields.
8/29/06 10:25 PM
ToughguyMcNasty
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Aug-06
Cal Poly is part of the CSU system and they have some great programs. Cal Poly SLO's mechanical engineering has beaten out MIT in recent years. It all depends on the school and the major.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.