UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Realistic simulations

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ironmongoose
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Hi, Coach Blauer. You've often said of your material that it's "the most realistic fake stuff out there", and said that as long as there is consent, it's going to be fall short of reality. I heard of some program, maybe it was Model Mugging, where a padded guy will stalk a student awhile, and "surprise-attack" them at some time during a one-week period. Of course, they still know it's a drill because, well, the guy looks like a bulletman, right? But what do you think of the idea? Thanks, IM
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
GRADUATION SPEECH FOR 'REALATTACKS'R'US.COM [*No affiliation of with Toys'r'Us] OK people listen up...this is your real test. Its a real challenge, its really real this reality drill. OK we're going to surprise you for real. You wont even know you're going to be attacked - first sign this waiver. OK. Now, let's discuss the rules of the real surprise attack: 1. You agree to be surprised by our role player, dressed in enormous gear and padded as if you were fighting aliens from Marshmallow Planet. Important: Do not have a heart attack, its not really real. 2. We will NOT strike you, as you wear NO equipment. But we will attack you using words like 'boo' and 'got you'. 3. You must get us off you to complete the exercise, so we will stand there holding your arm and let you smash us about the padded suit. PLease do not shoot or stab the suit as it is not made of kevlar or other ballistic fabric. Also, do not use real pepper spray on our role-players and do not gouge the gear with your keys etc as it can tear the suit or maybe injure the role-player during the real attack. PLease let us know if you have any injuries you want us to avoid during the real attack, we need to know this to have our insurance liability current. DId you sign your waivers yet? OK, then. Oh, one more thing, as this is a real surprise attack, let us know when you would most preferred to be attacked so that we dont jump out when you have your newborn with you or your aging grandmother, etc.... :-)
Tony Blauer

Hi IM, Couple of things,this from your post: "...You've often said of your material that it's "the most realistic fake stuff out there", and said that as long as there is consent, it's going to be fall short of reality." IM, actually the phrase I use is that I consider my drills to be "the most realistic 'fake' stuff 'I' can think up..." there a subtle but powerful difference between the two. The distinction is important and the personal resposibility angle is equally important. {I have friends who jump out of airplanes and engage bad-guy role-players in shooting/fighting problems in preparation for their anticipated confrontations...er, I'd say their 'fake' simulations are a notch or two above anything I do...] :-) 'The theory determines the experience' - TCMS Maxim In other words, all drills are good if you dont misinterpret their value. TB
Tom Campbell

What more can be said. :-) :-) :-) Peace, Tom
ironmongoose

LOL! Okay, Coach Blauer, fair enough. Thanks for your comments.
Tom Campbell

Deane, I can't wait to meet you! :-) :-) Peace, Tom
Tony Blauer

Not only does it help to be a lunatic, but it helps if you have skill too [Deane has both]. The 'Verbal Assault' moment is very powerful, and really helps make the point that spontaneous aggression can often leave us speechless and likely without tactics for several nano moments. If any of you think to incorporate it, be sure your safe guards are in place, make sure the host knows and can jump in in case someone else thinks 'fireworks' are about to go off [safety first!] Tony
Tony Blauer

Deane....step away from the computer. Now slowly lie down on any couch and think back to a 'happy place'...drift back, drift back...you're safe now.... :-) T
bremc

Gentlemen! :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.