UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> ATTN: Mr. Blauer!

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

I have an odd experience to share that I thought you or Mr. Sonnon could help me with. I will post it on his forum as well. I have two new students (brothers) and to make a long story short they are OK with getting hit but they are NOT OK with hitting. One of them just can't bring hisself to make hard contact...only REAL soft. This is only to the stomach!! The other one can't hit me even if I stand still and ask him!!! His hand miraculously swerves at the last minute!!! Is this the psychic powers or Qi that everyone talks about!! LOL! ;-) I have shown them footage of me and some partners going real heavy hoping that it would encourage them...no avail. I don't want them to stagnate, but at the same time I don't want to push them too hard. They are extremely ambitous and really enjoy all the other aspects...they grapple, do weapons (they have no problem hitting here), throw, lock, etc..just can't hit! Well, that is my jibba-jabba. What do you think? Should I give them some time and let them come around? Since I have never heard of or encountered this before I am at a loss. Joe
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
"Should I give them some time and let them come around?" Is there another choice?? :-) If they are good students, enjoy the practice, and are assets toyour teaching challenges [so you grow and get more creative] who cares whether they can hit - yet... I've had students that hit too hard, too often in every drill...they were a distraction and hazard to other students in their own way. Perception rules. Just enjoy the fact that you have students :-) T
djl

Tony, "If they are good students, enjoy the practice, and are assets to your teaching challenges [so you grow and get more creative] who cares...Just enjoy the fact that you have students :-)" Awesome. This needs to be imprinted on every teacher's brain! You rock. djl
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
:-) Thanks. T
Ausgepicht

Mr. Blauer: Thanks for the advice. Well said and highly appreciated! I will give them all the room they need!! Continued success and health! Aus

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.