UnderGround Forums

On The Fridge >> Artistic style?

7/26/06 6:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sifu michael
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jul-06

About a year or so ago, I pretty much stopped drawing. After a couple months, I began to experiment with some stylistic changes, and my style began to metamorphose in several different directions. It's been about a year now, and I've decided that out of all the directions I explored last year, this is the one I most enjoy and want to explore in my future comics work. This question is for all you comic book fans: after looking at the style of this piece, what genres would you see it working in?
7/27/06 2:05 PM
Fighting Legacy

Edited: 27-Jul-06
I like it. IMO it would work great with any action comic. That style of comic/animation art is big right now. Thanks to Tartakovsky, a whole new fan base from the younger generation has been created. Check out the "Elektra: Everything Old is New Again" Graphic novel with that style of art in it. Sweet stuff. What kind of training do you have?

7/28/06 12:32 AM
sifu michael

Edited: 28-Jul-06
My art "training" is non-existent, but I've got a fair amount of experience. I wrote and drew fifteen issues of The Adventures of Dr. Mystery under the Hominid Press imprint (defunct), then worked as managing editor for Ape Entertainment (www.apecomics.com) for a couple years. I still do the occasional bit of freelance work, sometimes as a writer and/or editor, sometimes as a cartoonist. What got me posting this question is my belief that what I see when I look at my own work is NOT what others see when they look at it, so I wanted to get some opinions. LOL
7/28/06 4:00 PM
Fighting Legacy

Edited: 28-Jul-06
Well, I think you should pursue it. I like the style. You should post some more of your stuff. I'd love to take a look at it.

9/6/06 10:36 AM
Pretjah
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Sep-06
very nice i'm a huge fan of this look
9/6/06 4:36 PM
Kneeblock
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Sep-06
Hey Sifu, email me at kneeblock@yahoo.com I want to pitch something to you. -knee
4/17/07 11:42 PM
WilliamOfOckham

Edited: 17-Apr-07 11:47 PM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.