UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> MiniDV Tape Storage Solution

7/26/06 8:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jul-06

Today I finally solved a problem that I have had for awhile on prolonged shoots. When traveling I inevitably find myself frustrated with new and shot tape storage. A good example is when I was traveling shooting my last documentary "Ring Days", I found myself just stuffing my tapes both new and shot in two separate padded bags with zippers and tossing them in my portabrace case. I never really liked that option. Today I went over to B&H and was determined to solve this problem before taking off to the West Virginia to shoot my new doc on Friday. Well I found my solution and it is truly a great one! I picked up two Datrax/Bryco MDVP-24 Portable Mini DV Storage Cases. Each case holds 24 tapes. I've used wall mount Datrax cases for awhile but didn't even know about these things. They are really great when taking your tapes on flights to keep them with you if your gear is in storage or in the belly of the jet. The last thing I want to do after traveling for 2 weeks is to be separated from the footage that I just shot. I now have a soluting and a great way to keep things organized.

Here's a shot of the cases. Do yourself a favor and grab at least one for your organizational needs on a shoot. The interior has a very strong plasic case insert to keep the tapes divided and organized.

7/31/06 8:28 PM
johnnypayne
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jul-06
Mine go in a flight(anvil) briefcase.
8/17/06 1:23 AM
Adam LaClair
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Aug-06
ImposeYourWill.com

Great find, Lynn!!  Just ordered one, thanks!

Adam

8/17/06 10:03 AM
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Aug-06
Adam...You'll love them. I took two of them with me on my last trip to WV to shoot for a couple of weeks and they made a huge difference in how I organized my footage etc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.