UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Brown Recluse in MA?

8/2/06 12:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ghidorah
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Aug-06

I was wondering if anyone can clarify. I have heard from many sources that the Brown Recluse doesn't live in MA. I have also heard from numerous people that they have seen and encountered them in Massachusetts. I understand that a Brown Recluse could have been brought here accidentally by car going from the natural habitat to MA but can they survive here? Would it be possible for an Brown Recluse to breed in MA, or are all these people wrong? I understand that many people mistake other Spiders for the Brown Recluse, is this the case?
8/17/06 11:23 AM
SyrioForel
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Aug-06
Interesting. There is a spider in the corner of my garage that is looking like one, but I ignored it because I was thinking they couldn't be in MA. I'll have to capture it and check now.
10/13/06 4:29 PM
guzzeleygrog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Oct-06
They survive here in Alaska quite well, all the way up to the Arctic Circle as far as I know, so I don't know why they wouldn't survive in MA unless it is because of the pollution. There are no big spiders here that I know of tho, not even Black Widows or Orb Weavers.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.