UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Kameda world champion?

8/2/06 5:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HungryTiger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Aug-06

Did anyone here watch the fight last night? Is it just me or was that a fucking robbery!!! I couldnt believe the scorecards! I'm disgusted...
8/3/06 4:49 AM
havokk_15
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Aug-06
I was at the fight. I thought Landaeta won by about 2 or 3 points, but since it was in Japan of course he was going to get robbed. Kameda is a friggin cash cow and unless he was dropped a bunch of times, they weren't going to give the fight to the other guy. It was a really close fight until the last two rounds, IMO. Kameda was landing great body shots throughout most of the fight, Landeata was throwing more punches. Any round that was remotely close would have been given to Kameda though. By the 11th and 12th Kameda was gassed pretty badly. The bad decision didn't bother all the teenage girls who literally went from crying thinking Kameda had lost to crying for joy when the decision was announced.
8/3/06 1:19 PM
havokk_15
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Aug-06 01:22 PM
I just watched a replay of the fight and I actually scored it a draw. I think a lot of people are crying robbery because of the way Kameda finished the fight in trouble and gassed, but up until the last two rounds there is no way you could possibly have given an edge to Landeata. I had Kameda up two rounds going into 11 and 12, which he lost big but not big enough to make either 10-8 rounds. If you watch rounds 2 through 10 and you'll see a very competitive, give and take fight with Kameda getting an edge due to clean power shots and bodywork.
8/10/06 5:01 AM
havokk_15

Edited: 10-Aug-06
I think the Japanese media has gone nuts over the decision because A) Kameda couldn't back up his big mouth and dominate the guy, and B) most don't know have a clue how a boxing match is scored and just assume if a guy gets knocked down and loses the last two rounds he must be the loser.
8/14/06 6:13 AM
slowjoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Aug-06
The interview with his dad and a bunch of old boxers after the fight was great! They all told him he should give back the belt cuz it was an obvious rip off. One guy even challenged the dad to a fight right then and there. It was funny as hell!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.