UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Thanks, Tony and Forum

9/13/02 8:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Glenn Sunshine
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Sep-02

Tony, A year and a half ago, I came to you for advice on this forum about helping my 11 year old daughter cope with fear, not so much about physical safety but about a lot of normal things in life, pressure she put on herself because of high expectations, etc. You and some other members of the forum gave advice, one even sent me a personal e-mail about his own experiences with his daughter. Armed with this information and your audio tapes, I spent a lot of time talking with my daughter about fear management. When I look back at it now, it hardly seems like we're talking about the same girl. She's become so much more poised and self-assured, and though some of that is undoubtedly due to growing up a bit, your material from the tapes and your personal comments helped me to help her cope with the transition and gave her important tools for dealing with fear that she still remembers and uses. So from a grateful father, my sincerest thanks to you and the other members of your PDF team who extended a hand to a stranger to make my daughter's life better and easier. Yours, Glenn
9/14/02 1:57 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 14-Sep-02
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Glenn, letters like these are so much apprecited. So often 'we' (the martial scribes) tout how transcendent our training is and then run ads about street fights and chalenges or the best way to break a neck :-), as you know, my path has always been holistic and the 'self-actualization' aspect tantamount to any tactics I practiced...the serendipity of it all is in getting a letter like yours or the one you recived from Mike last year who also used our research to help his daughter...well stories like those give me goose bumps! Thank you, but equally, I must say that your daughter is very lucky too...many parents simply avoid the responsiblity you took on (either by allowing a Dr. who doesnt care to diagnose and treat with meds, etc etc) so congrats to you and your commmitment to your famliy, warrior parents, we need more of them. TOny
9/14/02 4:31 PM
taroson

Edited: 14-Sep-02
Tony, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again on behalf of myself and my family, for all you have done to help us manage any confrontation. Whether the threat is internal or external or both, you research and material has given us the tools to help take care of ourselves and our loved ones. It's priceless. Glen, You are a good man and your daughter is lucky to have as Tony put it, a "Warrior Parent". Good Luck! Take Care, Mike

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.