UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Fantasy Recommendation

1/22/07 9:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lymond
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jan-07
I totally agree on Guy Gavriel Kay, one of my all time faves. His last one kinda sucked though. The real reason I'm posting is Malazan related. I just finished reading Knight of Knives by Ian Cameron Esslemont and was wondering if any of you read it as well. For those that don't know, Esslemont developed the Malazan world together with Erikson. They have split up which parts each will write about. Esslemont got published by some little company I've never heard of. The book deals with the night Surly assassinated Kellenvad. No real earth shattering revelations but it was a fun read in the Malazan world so I really dug it. In the future I think he is gonna write about the Crimson Guard, which I'm greatly looking forward to.
1/22/07 10:05 PM
Dreamer420
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jan-07
Speaking of Salvatore, I actually quite enjoyed the "Sellswords" series featuring Artemis and Jarlaxle. -CDO ------------------------------------------------ I haven't read those yet, I'll have to pick them up. I think Salvatore is just burnt out on Drizzt, he never intended to do a big thing on him. He wrote the Icewind Dale trilogy first and he meant for Wulfgar to be the main character. Fans got so attached to Drizzt though that they demanded to know his background so the Dark Elf Trilogy was written. Salvatore didn't need to go beyond that but I've read the recent Thousand Orcs Trilogy, that was decent. His Cleric Cadderly series was pretty good. Salvatores main draw, IMO, is his ability bring his characters to life and drag his readers into a battle. If you want some good, original stuff by Salvatore check out his Demon Wars Saga. Excellent 7 series book, easily as good as the Dark Elf books and they are also based in an original land rather than in an AD&D world.
1/9/08 4:19 PM
Lymond
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jan-08
TTT for Knoxville
1/24/08 7:51 PM
neoaethelwulf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jan-08
Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.