UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> For the new West Ham fans out ther

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
9/1/06 8:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Sep-06

It has come to our attention that now we have signed two world class players (Spuds take note - world class means really outstanding, and not the sort of promising youngster who Tottscum sign for £15m and then ruin, i.e. Rebrov, Defoe, Postiga etc etc) some of you glory chasing supporters, the type who currently follow Manure, Liver**** etc despite never having been further up the M6 than north Birmingham may want to become West Ham supporters instead. We know this will only be temporary until another club becomes flavour of the month, but we would like to advise you of the basics. 1. West Ham United are a club based in the East End of London, and play at Upton Park. If you need to pretend you have a long-standing support in the club, expressions such as "Bonzo eh, how he never won an England cap I will never know" and "Paolo Di Canio - what a legend" are useful. For special supporter status, "I used to stand on the chicken run as a youingster" is vital. 2. West Ham do not serve Prawn Sandwiches or seven course banquets at matches. The local delicacy is the Balti Pie, which is also a high-strength laxative. 3. West Ham have never won the Premiership. We were however the last winners of the FA Cup as a second division side, the moral winners of this year's FA cup and, uniquely the only club side ever to win the World Cup in 1966. 4. At Upton Park, face paint, jester hats and huge hands with "Go Hammers" etc are illegal inside the ground unless you are under 12. However, unlike other Premiership grounds you are allowed to sing, shout, swear and make as much noise as possible. 5. Upton Park is in a largely residential area, so do not expect to pop into the DIY or electrical superstore next door for some pre-match shopping. 6. Traditionally, supporters of West Ham are supporters for life, so it would be wise to keep comments such as "I used to support X" or "I support West Ham and Chelski" will be frowned upon.
9/1/06 9:20 AM
Govnor

Of course it doesn't add up. It's either one of two things IMO. 1). We get virtually none of the sell on money (and they could go as early as January) 2). There is a takeover in the offing.
9/1/06 1:24 PM
BaldTony
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They did a survey a few years back over which club's supporters wore the most gold jewellery. West Ham won by a country mile.
9/1/06 5:22 PM
luchador1

I will watch the games as Tevez is one of my top 3 favs. Nothing wrong with that imo. Chelski are still my team though. Been with them since Renieri, and now that they are gonna be lucky to crack the top 4 this year, tis a perfect time to show loyalty. Also, me thinks there is (or will be) Russian oil money involved somewhere. "Slapsy" Maxie Bretos is creaming his pants somewhere.
9/2/06 10:23 AM
Govnor

Edited: 02-Sep-06
Welcome luchador1. Please repect the rules in the first post though. Enjoy your mighty Hammers this year.
9/3/06 1:54 AM
luchador1

Edited: 03-Sep-06 02:56 AM
Jugador #12...Podran Imitarnos..,Pero Igualarnos Jamas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9/4/06 7:45 AM
GunFighter

Edited: 04-Sep-06
"For special supporter status, 'I used to stand on the chicken run as a youingster' is vital." - Lol, classic !!!! :-) "Chelski are still my team though. Been with them since Renieri" - Lol even more - long time fan then - since the previous manager - shame about the spelling tho'.... :-) GF
9/4/06 2:37 PM
BaldTony
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know people who haven't changed their underpants since at least the Glen Hoddle days. Anyway, at least you are trying so we shouldnt be too harsh
9/4/06 3:23 PM
luchador1

It's about the $$$$$. Unashamed of that! 3 years is longer than most yanks stick with a team! I was a Dallas Cowboys fan since before I could walk then I got hooked on futbol 7 years ago. Never heard of the EPL until then. But I found the Man U Arsenal hegemony made it seem kinda dry. Then when Chelski bought Brujita and Crespo I started watching. I haven't looked back. I don't pretend that our pitifull excuse for a league is the legit thing. There are only two leagues in the world where you get the real deal. EPL being one. I wanted to support an EPL team and since most people in this country are fans of the 3 big teams, I figured I would go for a English team who is trying to create a new history and tradition, not attach myself to others who already had it. Tevez be damned...there are alot of teams in the world I whos games I wouldn't watch no matter who was playing. Would you rather I was a Millwall fan? I'm touched that I inspired this thread : P The word smitten comes to mind.
9/4/06 8:41 PM
kabukikidd

Unfortunately, I think this thread is made for me. I'm new to football, the european kind and oddly enough, I pegged West Ham as the team I was gonna root. I never liked rooting for good teams, I'm a Detroit Lions and Tigers fan for crying out loud. But after getting some research in, and reading about the teams in the EPL. I then just happened to see a movie called Green Street, and dammit I picked them as my team, and no I won't take it back.
9/5/06 12:19 AM
luchador1

Edited: 05-Sep-06
LOL, Yeah, be advised ( as you can read from this thread) that many futbol fans are cool. Some unfortunately are the equivalent of green bay packer fans. And since you support the lions you know what I mean.
9/5/06 7:19 PM
Govnor

Edited: 05-Sep-06
kabukikidd - Welcome to you too. You know you can often catch West Ham matches live if you don't have Fox Soccer channel at Asiaplate.com. Good times.
9/6/06 1:08 PM
kabukikidd

Edited: 06-Sep-06
asiaplate.com eh? Will check it out Gov. Was looking into getting a pirated dishnet system for the games, but I'll check into that site as well. And thanks for the welcome. And Lucha, I only hope the Lions can turn things around like the Tigers did. I've been a long suffering fan of both teams since the early 80's.
9/6/06 8:20 PM
Govnor

Edited: 06-Sep-06
pirated dish network system woudl be much more enjoyable for the games....I'd get one if I could. quality is variable through the streams..sometimes good...sometimes not!
10/25/06 2:11 PM
kabukikidd

Edited: 25-Oct-06
I picked a helluva year to be a fan. I'm staying a fan though. I think I enjoy the suffering anyways. It makes the success that much more sweet. So Gov, what's the theory? Why do they suck so bad at the moment? You thinking they'll turn it around, or are we looking at a battle to stay out of the bottom three?
10/25/06 2:50 PM
Govnor

Edited: 25-Oct-06
Well...what can I say. Being a West Ham fan my whole life I can tell you this. There are many highs, and there are many lows. That's just the way it's always been. We are not Man U or Liverpool or The Arse. We WILL go through real shitty periods. I still have hopes that we can turn it around. Pardew didn't become a crap manager overnight nor did this team become crap overnight. Give it time. Oh and you're 100% correct about the suffering making the good times sweeter.
10/26/06 4:00 AM
Shotgun Mick

Edited: 26-Oct-06
The football league, THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE,
is upside down, IS UPSIDE DOWN,
The football league is upside down....etc Gov, can you not get SKY in Yankland?
10/26/06 9:06 AM
Govnor

no sky. Fox Soccer channel is the only thing...but I don't have that either! So I have to look to our Friends in the east to stream their live broadcasts!
10/26/06 9:12 AM
Shotgun Mick

I thought you could get sky tv anywhere in the World. Strange. Anyway, worry not, in the news today that Sven Goran Mr Burns is going ot take over from Pardew! Ha!
10/26/06 9:51 AM
Govnor

I saw that on the beeb site....I just can't see it happening. Unless we get new owners of course. As long as we don't go down again...I don't care who does what!!!!
10/26/06 10:23 AM
Shotgun Mick

Was relegation a very painful experience? It's something I have never gone through (yet!) Closest was back in '92 when we stayed in the 2nd Division on the last day.
10/26/06 2:02 PM
kabukikidd

What part of the states you in Gov? I'm on the border with Detroit in Canada
10/26/06 2:45 PM
Govnor

The mighty Indianapolis!
10/30/06 9:39 AM
Govnor

Edited: 30-Oct-06
8 points....
10/30/06 10:15 AM
Shotgun Mick

Edited: 30-Oct-06
All the best teams have 8 points.
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.