UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> PDR seminar in central NY

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/4/06 12:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TSA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Sep-06 09:32 AM

Coach Blauer will be teaching at our school in Herkimer, NY on October 7th and 8th. For some of you regional folks this is an opportunity to get some hours in with the source. I have trained with Coach Blauer for hundreds of hours and always learn, clarify or cement something at a session. A couple of coaches are even flying in to see our schools operation and network. All are welcome. We are hosting our Black Belt Spectacular graduation show the day before on October 6th. If you can come in on Friday please joins us there. Shoot me an email if you are interested and I will send you the information. We are limiting numbers so register A-SAP. Tom Arcuri tom@pdrteam.com
9/17/06 8:33 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 17-Sep-06
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Tom looking forward to my annual trip to your school. we'll have lots of new drills and tactics to reivew. looking forward to seeing you and your crew again. TOny
9/27/06 7:22 PM
Paul R

Edited: 27-Sep-06
I'll be there...looking forward to it.
10/9/06 8:47 PM
Paul R

Edited: 09-Oct-06
Just returned from Coach Blauer's PDR session in Herkimer, NY. Another great event that reinforced (and further developed) what I have already learned in the SPEAR system. As others have pointed out before, having the opportunity to train in person with Tony always cements and enhances your knowledge of the system. We covered many drills and concpets including ECT, the mirror drill, the close-quarter form (with extreme attention to detail!), malfunction drills and much more. There are many aspects of the system that I am still working through; one that I have always found most useful (and which was emphasized all weekend) is ECT. Being able to apply the ECT model to virtually ANY attack (be it a haymaker, tackle, rear bear-hug, rear-strangle, knife attack, etc..) shows the amazing diversity and capacity of the system. Watching Coach Blauer break down the "micro" moments in a true close-quarter confrontion, allows one to see the benefit of training under the "startle - flinch" conversion, rather than using a 1-2-3 "technique" approach. And finally, thanks to Tom and Dana for hosting the event and providing a great atmosphere for learning. Their skill level (and that of the attendees) is evidence of how committed they are to bringing the SPEAR system to their students. Looking forward to a future session... Paul Rossi
10/16/06 10:10 AM
TSA

Edited: 16-Oct-06 10:11 AM
Hi Everyone, The October 7th and 8th training seminar with Coach was a great experience for all in attendance. The in-depth training we have been doing in Herkimer NY, really paid off as Coach Blauer peeled the onion for us and really added to the substance of our training. Even after over 4 years and hundreds of hours of training the depth of his knowledge never seems to amaze me. One of the highlights was his dissection of rear strangulation with a rope. He demoed with a 15-year-old female student of ours and in matter of 10 minutes, after explaining how the S.P.E.A.R. system applied and plugging it into familiar fundamental drills, she was three dimensionally defeating realistic attacks. We are grateful that he could make the time to train with us in Herkimer again this year. The last big PDR training event is the November 9th ? 12th Instructor Certification course in Montreal. Both Dana and I are looking forward to it. To see photos of the Seminar training with Tony Blauer please click/cut n paste. http://picasaweb.google.com/arcuri.tom/BlauerSeminarHerkimerFall06?authkey=FDA42mWHuQdVt7Jkp8e1hrAK2wc Tom Arcuri PDR Program Manager
10/25/06 10:30 AM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 25-Oct-06
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thanks for the feedback guys...Tom you always attract a real great group of people, serious, motivated and down to earth, so its a pleasure to copme to your school. Paul...when will we see you at the PDR!! :-) Tony
10/28/06 9:41 AM
Paul R

Edited: 28-Oct-06
...hopefully soon. The last PDR was held the first week of May, if it was one week later I would have attended (my semester ends in mid May). Late May (or early June) would be perfect! If not, I will try to get off from work to attend. Paul

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.