UnderGround Forums

Georgia Underground >> Augusta GA BJJ Tournament

9/22/06 7:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rdragon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Sep-06

Everyone is invited to the first Augusta Open Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Tournament being held Oct.28th. The Tournament will be held at Westside High School in Augusta, GA. There will be divisions for kids, teens, Women, Men & Masters. This is a Gi only Tournament. The night before, Oct. 27th there will be a BJJ seminar being given by Gustavo Machado. Make you plans now to attend both events. For more information contact Ken Hudson at 229-931-0006 or kenhudson@starband.net See you all there!
9/26/06 4:22 PM
Rdragon

Edited: 26-Sep-06
Pre-registration $50 for Adults and $35 for Kids & Teens. Pre-registration deadline is Oct. 14th. Contact Ken Hudson at kenhudson@starband.net for more infromation.
10/30/06 10:24 AM
ustai

Edited: 30-Oct-06
Congrats to Ken Hudson on a great tournament. I am sure all of the CSRA BJJ schools really appreciated him hosting his tournament here is our area, verses taking it to some of the bigger cities like Atlanta. Thanks Ken. I was also great to see so many schools put aside any rivalries and come out to support the tournament. Without the support of school's like Bobby Wilson's Warrior Jiu-jitsu, John Oliverio's Ground Zero Academy, Joshua Miller's Foca Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy, or Chris Elm and his students from Greubel's Mixed Martial Arts, I doubt we would have had much of a tournament that day. I also thought it was very classy of several of the head instructors to actually coach fighters from other schools that didn't have an official coach. I have been in karate for almost 15 years now, and I can't think of the last time I saw an instructor giving advise or coaching a student at a tournament that didn't belong to his own school. Special thanks go out to Chris Elms and Joshua Miller for the time they spent coaching me during the fights. Without their support, I probably wouldn't have done as well as I did. I also want to thank Gustavo Machado for coaching one of my guys while I was occupied with another ring. Thanks Guga. Hope to see all of you on the mats again soon. Thanks again Ken. Frank Beall Team Gustavo Machado

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.