UnderGround Forums

Português UnderGround >> Looking For Lost Black Belt?!?!?!

10/2/06 2:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheGroundFighter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Oct-06

Need some help from the BJJ community. We are trying to locate Rodolfo Amaro Da Silva, Gracie Barra Black belt, last seen enroute to Germany From Brazil. His flight stopped over in Boston, but he was not listed as boarding his connecting flight to Germany. If anyone may have seen or heard from him, please notify brian@groundfighters.com If anyone else even knows of him, please reply or email as we are trying to figure out, what, may have happened to him on this trip 2 weeks ago. Thanks all, Groundfighter
10/3/06 9:10 AM
jamie alex
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Dec-06 02:55 PM
10/3/06 6:46 PM
DonnaTroy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Oct-06
Boston has a big Brazilian comunity, with many illegals.
10/5/06 1:13 PM
TheGroundFighter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Oct-06
First of all, thank you to all in the BJJ community, I knew that if we pooled together, our resources, would eventually lead us to the answer I first asked for. Rodolfo, although probably scared shitless, a little miffed, and really not to fond of INS, The us Marshalls or anyone sporting a badge in a 2ft radius, is alive, well and healthy. I was able to speak to the proper indivuduals, untilizing the proper Government channels, to findout that he was indeed detained upon arrival at Logan Intl. He was in possesion of what he, the Brazilian Consulate, and the Airline in question ( I will only use their initials...UNITED AIRLINES) assumed was the proper documentation needed to allow him transit from Brazil to Boston, enroute to Germany. However, according to my conversation with US immigration, that document is no longer honored or authorized for transient travel through US Borders, as of late, due to increased security and policy changes from Homeland security. Therefore, Rodolfo, having allowed his work visa to expire a few years ago in NYC, causing him to be sent back to Brazil witha 5 year restriction before being allowd to apply for any type of US Visa, or entry to the US, was detained by US Immigration officials, and transfered to a Federal Holding facility in Alexandria VA. According to federal law applyingto restricted foriegn nationals, US immigration can hold an individual for up to 30 days, mainly as a form of punishment persay, before deporting them back to their country of origin. the travel ehich becomes the responsibility of the Airline that allowed his to make the flight in the first place. Mistake on their lack of updated policy or not. So, unfortunatley, Rodolfo will not be allowed to continue his travel to Germany, via Boston, and will simply be held in the good ole limbo system, until the DA has reached his case in the order in which it was received, within the 30 day window. It sucks I know, and could have been avoided, with a little more forethought and planning by all parties involved. The only thing he is guily of, is having a lapse in judgment a few years ago, and not insisting that he get a direct flight back to Germany as opposed to the current arragment. Thanks to all who helped, wheter by actually making contact or by overt scepticism, prompting others to look with even more ferver. It will all work out and he will be thankful and appreciative of all those with genuine concern. MORAL # 121: Not everybody is a crooked, plotting, con scheming jerk...if you have encountered those people on more than one occasion, then you might need to re-evaluate you circle of trust, who you let in it and the criteria they must meet. MORAL # 122: Optimisim and true friendship are not Dead! Peace to all, and I want my "FREE RODOLFO" T-shirt in a Large, black if available, and Gracie Barra Logo on the upper left front! Groundfighter.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.