UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> MMa or BJJ in P/O tactics

9/25/09 10:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You cant...especially when departments or their trainers wont go outside normal DT businesses to get good training.
9/25/09 11:58 PM
IP
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there any agencies that have successfully implemented a comprehensive training program? If so, how do they squeeze everything in?
10/3/09 9:36 PM
TacFighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We implemented our program in 1999 and have been going strong every year since. All new recruits get a few hours each day for 6 weeks & two specific days with BJJ – Ground Tactics followed by their yearly mandatory retraining for all. We have two classes per week BJJ, GI & NO GI (volunteer) basis and complete two specialty courses per year as well as several squad level training programs. I am not suggesting that our average deputy is getting all this, rather the 10-20% are attending regularly or asking for the training for their units.

We have a strong affiliation with our school and a lot of support. Bottom line is that those who want to train-will train. I have learned after 23 years not to let the others bother me.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.