UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> sick of anti american sentiment?

10/6/06 1:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
metrocksncn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Oct-06

I created this thread as a rallying site for those members who wish to address the anti american sentiment here at home and abroad.
10/6/06 9:02 AM
BaldTony
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Oct-06
I'm sick of it too
10/12/06 10:43 AM
salsero

Edited: 12-Oct-06
It's justified in some cases...
10/12/06 11:11 AM
consensus reality
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Oct-06
questioning the administration spolicies is not anti americanism
10/13/06 6:40 AM
OctaviousBP

Edited: 13-Oct-06
I am opposed to many (if not most) of the American foreign policies of late, but disagree with broad-based anti-Americanism... so much of it seems childish and does little for any critical movement that opposes the policies. Anti-Americanism is just as bigotted as anti-Palestinian/Israelian/etc. I'm not going to be waving an American flags any time soon, but I wouldn't be burning any either. There are a whole lot of good people in the US.
10/14/06 11:15 AM
tippetsnapper

Edited: 14-Oct-06
I am with you metrock....its despicable "I'm not going to be waving an American flags any time soon, but I wouldn't be burning any either." You should be waving the flag, this country isn't just about what is happening at this political moment, its about the heritage and history which all the haters seem to forget.
10/14/06 11:35 AM
OctaviousBP

I'm not American, why would I wave your flag?
10/14/06 5:13 PM
BushHog

As soon as we stop acting like spoiled little retarded children maybe...
10/15/06 1:23 PM
consensus reality
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Oct-06
"." You should be waving the flag, this country isn't just about what is happening at this political moment, its about the heritage and history which all the haters seem to forget." let the ones who are waving the flags live up to that heritage and history first
10/16/06 11:41 AM
Joe Ray

Edited: 16-Oct-06
How do you feel this goal can be achieved? how about this: Sytop waging illegal and immoral wars of conquest in the middle east. Stop treating the world with disdain and arrogance. Remember when Clinton was in power, he was immensely popular abroad and the US was respected and admired for the most part. why? Because he understood diplomacy and international relations consisted of more than aggressive military force and wars to get what you want. Sadly the militant nationalists in the Republican party see this kind of effective leadership as "letting the French tell us what to do". Which is whay they have proved in the past 6 years under Bushs' leadership they are not fit for office.
10/16/06 9:51 PM
BigEyedFish
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Oct-06
'questioning the administration spolicies is not anti americanism ' CR is absolutely correct. How about answering the question, CR? The two are almost by definition not the same. Both are going on.
10/17/06 6:12 AM
BaldTony
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Oct-06
Left leaning types over here have always hated America. Prior to the last few years however, it wasn't fashionable to say it out loud, so they kept quiet.
10/17/06 9:43 PM
taba
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Oct-06
"Remember when Clinton was in power, he was immensely popular abroad and the US was respected and admired for the most part." lol, no.
10/18/06 10:13 AM
consensus reality

Edited: 18-Oct-06
"How about answering the question, CR? " which question?
10/18/06 12:30 PM
Joe Ray

Edited: 18-Oct-06
Clinton used to recieve huge applause in the UN for instance. But if you yanks consider continuing down the path your present government has chosen then expect anti-american sentiment to continue and rise, and rightly so. Because that is the least that is deserved.
10/18/06 8:10 PM
FudoMyoo

Edited: 19-Oct-06 09:32 AM
10/19/06 9:41 AM
Joe Ray

Edited: 19-Oct-06
If you have supported the manner in which George Bush and his gang have run America, waged illegal and immoral wars in the middle east and treated the rest of the world with contempt since he came to power, you have only one place to consider looking if youi would like anti-american sentiment to stop. The mirror.
10/20/06 3:44 PM
Pedrokick911

Edited: 20-Oct-06
It's just a bunch of pissed off Clinton era supporters who are broke because they thought the tech boom would last forever and when it went bust, they were all broke and dumb, so then they lost an election and because those people never point the fingers at themselves, they just use Bush and his policies as an excuse. That's all. Doom and gloom is what the democrats have to have to keep their party strong. WIthout it, they just turn on America itself. And that's whats happening now.
11/2/06 2:28 PM
metrocksncn

Edited: 02-Nov-06
I agree that the liberals are turning on america because their doom and gloom and chicken in every pot campaigns are not working anymore. It also angers me that they are trying to portray people who have a pro amreican attitude as illiterate unsophisticated rednecks with shotguns, when this couldnt be further from the truth. I dont believe John Kerry made a mistake when he made his comments about no education = being stuck in Iraq. Kerry needs to go back to embarrassing the state of Massachusets instead of the entire country. I do believe that the war in Iraq was poorly planned by the Bush administration, however, that does not mean that we should not be there trying to liberate the Iraqi people. If the post war occupation was going well, the liberals would be praising the president, but instead they pray on the publics fears of military hardship and failure for their own political gain.
11/2/06 2:36 PM
metrocksncn

Edited: 02-Nov-06
It doesnt bother me at all that we have a tough talking aggressive man for our president, because countries like Iran and North Korea have shown time and time again that they do not participate in diplomacy and proper foreign relations. I think the problem is getting other nations to get tough as well. Russia doesnt want to get tough on Iran because they will lose all their business. I was watching Glenn Beck last night and on his program he said that Russia was a top seller of arms to the 3rd world.
11/3/06 8:07 AM
Joe Ray

Edited: 03-Nov-06
" was watching Glenn Beck last night and on his program he said that Russia was a top seller of arms to the 3rd world." You are aware that America is the number one seller of arms to the third world and indeed the entire world?
11/4/06 2:58 PM
Trust
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Nov-06
consensus reality is correct. It's quite American to question government. It's one of the few things we still do well that the Founding Fathers would like.
11/5/06 10:34 AM
The Detriment

Edited: 05-Nov-06
I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning the current administration or the government's direction, but many people believe the United States is rotten to the core. I believe the United States is a noble country that, by nature of its existence, has immeasurably changed the world for the better. It's showed the world there's a better way to live and to govern. When I was younger I was one of the people I described above, and thought the US was arrogant and despicable. And while the country's history isn't sterling, the changes we have been able to bring about in the world have been pretty amazing. Getting older and gaining a bit of perspective showed me how great the United States really is.
11/6/06 5:47 AM
Joe Ray

Edited: 06-Nov-06
"but many people believe the United States is rotten to the core." That is exactly what the religious right fundie nutjobs think. Do they hate America?
11/6/06 9:48 AM
consensus reality

Edited: 06-Nov-06
"because countries like Iran and North Korea have shown time and time again that they do not participate in diplomacy and proper foreign relations." Iran most certainly is approachable by diplomacy saying "Do what we tell you then we might talk to you" is NOT diplomacy, despite what the Bush administration says

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.