UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> sick of anti american sentiment?

11/6/06 3:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Detriment
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Nov-06
"That is exactly what the religious right fundie nutjobs think. (that the US is rotten) Do they hate America?" I really don't know, since I'm not a religious right fundie nutjob. You'll notice I didn't mention anyone "hating America" in my post, though. I think most people enjoy living here and the opportunities that are available, but dislike certain things and would like to change them. I'm sure there are people, however, on the extreme left and right who would admit to "hating America."
11/8/06 3:32 PM
The Detriment

Edited: 08-Nov-06
I said... 'I'm sure there are people, however, on the extreme left and right who would admit to "hating America."' Notice I said EXTREME LEFT AND RIGHT. That kind of covers my bases regarding personal bias, don't you think?
11/10/06 12:56 AM
metrocksncn

Edited: 10-Nov-06
come on consensus, do you really think that the Iranian people as a whole care about their country gaining a nuclear weapon, hell no, they want a job and food on the table, and a chance to live in peace. The Iranian president is so caught up in his personal pissing contest with the American president that he is out of touch with the needs of his own people.
11/10/06 1:13 AM
metrocksncn

Now with the senate races finished and the Dems. having control of both houses, being that most of the Dems elected are so called "conservative" Democrats, hopefully we can continue a strong stance against terrorism. We are stuck in Iraq for an extended period of time and hopefully Bush and his new secretary of Defense can pressure the Iraqi government to take more responsibility for the security of their own country.
11/10/06 1:26 AM
metrocksncn

Im actually concerned about the Democrats that were elected being that most of the political ads here in the pittsburgh area focused on a slogan of "my opponent sides with bush 90% of the time. Vote for me instead." Not one candidate actually had a positive ad on tv explaining what changes they would try to make if they were elected. Actually, Gubernatorial candidate Lynn Swann was the only one I can think of who ran an ad explaining the changes they would make. I think its a shame that Lynn Swann didnt win the governorship in PA because Ed Rendell sucks big time.
11/17/06 5:13 AM
Saku Tech

Edited: 17-Nov-06
"I was watching Glenn Beck last night and on his program he said that Russia was a top seller of arms to the 3rd world." Glenn Beck is an Idiot who thinks we should look at Russia as an enemy because they are trying to cut into our own arms sales to Egypt. We sold and even gave arms to Bin Ladin to use in killing russians.
11/21/06 10:11 AM
consensus reality
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Nov-06
"come on consensus, do you really think that the Iranian people as a whole care about their country gaining a nuclear weapon, hell no, they want a job and food on the table, and a chance to live in peace. " so it would be nice if the US actually used real diplomacy and had a sit down with them. "The Iranian president is so caught up in his personal pissing contest with the American president that he is out of touch with the needs of his own people." maybe, maybe not. A brief perusal of the history of relations between Iran and America might led one to think that them devloping a nuke is a wise manuever on their part, especially sicne the US wont even negotiate with them
11/29/06 10:28 PM
cottonzway
848 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Nov-06
Myabe if the leaders of our country weren't mosters the rest of the free world wouldn't hate us. BTW, 9/11 was an inside job!
12/9/06 3:30 PM
Saku Tech

Edited: 09-Dec-06
Whats a moster?
12/13/06 9:17 AM
Kamran
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Dec-06
What's even more disturbing is the blatant contradiction where people who badmouth America are often the same ones who apply for a green card and/or citizenship
12/15/06 12:08 AM
hitman6800

Edited: 15-Dec-06
With our current administration's diplomatic policy of 'Do what we say and then we will talk', if I were in the place that the Iranian president and the Korean president sit in, I would be bringing nukes to the table as well. I think it was Rosevelt that said "speak softly but carry a big stick". They are bringing big sticks because our administration refuses to deal with them as equals.
12/17/06 2:28 AM
metrocksncn

Edited: 17-Dec-06
There is no way in hell that the Iranians are equals to the U.S. If they want to be treated as equals maybe they need to do something to help grow the economy in that country. The "elected" officials need to do something about the segregation of races and genders in that country as well as working to increase the country's standard of living for its citizens. The citizens need to find a way to hold their elected officials and clerics responsible for their policies. That country sits on the most economicaly rich area on the entire planet and the common citizen in that country has nothing to show for it, while all of the religious clerics and the select few grow wealthy.
12/31/06 12:39 PM
Merryprankster
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-06 01:32 PM
We have a long way to go to mend our relationship with many parts of the world. Joe Ray is shortsighted though about Clinton getting cheered, etc. There is a significant chunk of the world population that blames the United States for both action and inaction, regardless of subject or situation. In some cases, it's nothing but not being able to comprehend the limits of power. In other cases, it's knee-jerk anti-Americanism. And what's most annoying is that THAT is how many "liberals" and "leftists," establish your bona fides to be part of the club. I hold a great many positions that would be considered left-leaning or liberal in most circles. But because I am not a raving anti-american idiot on the "Michael Moore" left, somehow that makes me a right-wing neo-con. The stupidity is overwhelming.
1/1/07 11:20 PM
croaker
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Jan-07
We will never be able to 'mend' our relationships with the rest of the world. In most cases there is nothing to mend; the interaction is similar to what it has been for years. In others shifting events on both sides change the equation. Through all of it, most nations are like lawyers at a table representing their clients. We don't have the policy that Britian had in the 19th century (when they went to war with and against every major power) but a certain amount of realpolitik is necessary. What irritates me about Venezuela and Chavez is that the same people who wax into hyperbole against the US are remarkably less critical of a total clown in a foreign country. That is, as long as he professes to despise the USA. This is a man who really belongs in a Gilbert and Sullivan opera; he's nearly a caricature of a Latin American tin pot dictator. There's no balance to their views; you can't hate Pinochet without knowing why Allende was so hated in his own country. It embarasses me to hold 'liberal' beliefs and have to listen to some of this crap.
1/2/07 11:29 AM
Merryprankster
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Jan-07
"We will never be able to 'mend' our relationships with the rest of the world. In most cases there is nothing to mend" I wasn't suggesting that there was some "baseline" level of goodwill we are supposed to have. Just that we could be a damn sight better off in terms of moral weight and persuasion ability. "It embarasses me to hold 'liberal' beliefs and have to listen to some of this crap." Amen!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.