UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Pat Tillman's Brother Speaks Out.!

10/21/06 12:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ProMagnus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Oct-06 12:07 AM
You know I actually believe Honestus when he says he is who he is. Unlike Fakemarines1, who I don't believe for a minute was ever a Marine or Leo. Look man, we both know this war was built on lies. Thats no knock on the honest and brave people who serve and do what they're told. But that doesn't mean that we haven't been lied to. Hell were still being lied to. You know that we went into Iraq for political reasons not security reasons or humanitarian ones. Thats not a knock on you or anyone else who tries to do their job with decency or compassion. JUST DON'T DUMP PISS ON OUR HEADS AND INSIST THAT ITS RAINING. Thats being said stay safe and good luck.
10/21/06 12:55 AM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Oct-06
"Unlike Fakemarines1, who I don't believe for a minute was ever a Marine or Leo." Why? I was a grunt in the Corps and he pretty much acts like most of the guys I served with. And honestus is this your first deployment?
10/21/06 3:38 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

marines1, I don't religiously follow your threads or anything, but what little I have seen you post makes you sound a lot like I did when I was in the Corps and the few years that followed when I got out. I'm in a different place in my life now than I was then and my beliefs actually changed quite a bit arguing with guys on here. But regardless don't take my statement as a slight as that is not how it was meant.
10/21/06 4:12 PM
StephenL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

somehow i figured this out as i was in during the 1st gulf war. stephen
10/21/06 4:58 PM
MIKEKESK
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has the right to say whatever he wants. Lets say his brother was not killed and they were both back in the states and given silver stars for their brave acts in war. I guarantee he would not have this position.....
10/23/06 9:15 AM
consensus reality
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Oct-06
"I guarantee he would not have this position....." you sure? My understanding is that Tillman opposed the Iraq war and thought it was illegal
10/24/06 1:16 AM
MIKEKESK
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Oct-06 01:31 AM
Yeah I Guarantee. edit.... He may feel that way now but I guarantee when the Iraqi war started right after they both finished Ranger school he was not saying to himself "Hey this Iraqi war is Illegal" I bet he was saying "f-ing get some"
10/24/06 2:25 AM
quick

Edited: 24-Oct-06
lol Yeah him and his brother really seem that type don't they? Get freaking real dumbass. We aren't talking about a couple of guys fresh out of HS here.
12/8/09 4:20 PM
John Bennett
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My understanding is that Tillman opposed the Iraq war and thought it was illegal

Correct.
1/26/10 11:01 AM
1775Rock

what..a man pissed off and angry because his brother was killed... funny thing is. he wasnt like that before. maybe he changed,went a lil crazy. it happens. troll attempt in my opinion.
1/26/10 11:02 AM
1775Rock

Pat is a hero,im sure he is looking down on his brother in disgust at his irrational behavior
2/11/10 11:40 AM
bluedragon

great thread and spot on by k tillman.

lol at the pos rock attempting to troll.
7/11/10 5:22 AM
strykr619

Edited: 07/11/10 5:23 AM
ProMagnus - Editor's note: Kevin Tillman joined the Army with his brother Pat in 2002, and they served together in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pat was killed in Afghanistan on April 22, 2004. Kevin, who was discharged in 2005, has written a powerful, must-read document. After Pat's Birthday By Kevin Tillman It is Pat's birthday on November 6, and elections are the day after. It gets me thinking about a conversation I had with Pat before we joined the military. He spoke about the risks with signing the papers. How once we committed, we were at the mercy of the American leadership and the American people.

How we could be thrown in a direction not of our volition. How fighting as a soldier would leave us without a voice... until we get out. Much has happened since we handed over our voice: Somehow we were sent to invade a nation because it was a direct threat to the American people, or to the world, or harbored terrorists, or was involved in the September 11 attacks, or received weapons-grade uranium from Niger, or had mobile weapons labs, or WMD, or had a need to be liberated, or we needed to establish a democracy, or stop an insurgency, or stop a civil war we created that can't be called a civil war even though it is. Something like that. Somehow America has become a country that projects everything that it is not and condemns everything that it is. Somehow our elected leaders were subverting international law and humanity by setting up secret prisons around the world, secretly kidnapping people, secretly holding them indefinitely, secretly not charging them with anything, secretly torturing them. Somehow that overt policy of torture became the fault of a few "bad apples" in the military. Somehow back at home, support for the soldiers meant having a five-year-old kindergartener scribble a picture with crayons and send it overseas, or slapping stickers on cars, or lobbying Congress for an extra pad in a helmet. It's interesting that a soldier on his third or fourth tour should care about a drawing from a five-year-old; or a faded sticker on a car as his friends die around him; or an extra pad in a helmet, as if it will protect him when an IED throws his vehicle 50 feet into the air as his body comes apart and his skin melts to the seat. Somehow the more soldiers that die, the more legitimate the illegal invasion becomes. Somehow American leadership, whose only credit is lying to its people and illegally invading a nation, has been allowed to steal the courage, virtue and honor of its soldiers on the ground.

Somehow those afraid to fight an illegal invasion decades ago are allowed to send soldiers to die for an illegal invasion they started. Somehow faking character, virtue and strength is tolerated. Somehow profiting from tragedy and horror is tolerated. Somehow the death of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people is tolerated. Somehow subversion of the Bill of Rights and The Constitution is tolerated. Somehow suspension of Habeas Corpus is supposed to keep this country safe. Somehow torture is tolerated. Somehow lying is tolerated. Somehow reason is being discarded for faith, dogma, and nonsense. Somehow American leadership managed to create a more dangerous world. Somehow a narrative is more important than reality. Somehow America has become a country that projects everything that it is not and condemns everything that it is. Somehow the most reasonable, trusted and respected country in the world has become one of the most irrational, belligerent, feared, and distrusted countries in the world. Somehow being politically informed, diligent, and skeptical has been replaced by apathy through active ignorance. Somehow the same incompetent, narcissistic, virtueless, vacuous, malicious criminals are still in charge of this country.

Somehow this is tolerated. Somehow nobody is accountable for this. In a democracy, the policy of the leaders is the policy of the people. So don't be shocked when our grandkids bury much of this generation as traitors to the nation, to the world and to humanity. Most likely, they will come to know that "somehow" was nurtured by fear, insecurity and indifference, leaving the country vulnerable to unchecked, unchallenged parasites. Luckily this country is still a democracy. People still have a voice. People still can take action. It can start after Pat's birthday.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200601019_after_pats_birthday/
Only problem I have with this statement is the mis-direction of his anger. He should be angry about the cover up then PR blitz the Military did with his brothers death, but IMO he is exploiting the death of his brother by making this a political arguement now.  You can't claim foul play then do the exact thing your claim you opponents did. 

In the end thou his brother is still in pain and I guess that's all that matters, how he copes with it and if this is his release then so be it. 

11/1/10 10:29 AM
Mdot50
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Pat....  #42 
3/24/12 11:53 PM
animalM

Only problem I have with this statement is the mis-direction of his anger. He should be angry about the cover up then PR blitz the Military did with his brothers death, but IMO he is exploiting the death of his brother by making this a political arguement now.  You can't claim foul play then do the exact thing your claim you opponents did. 

In the end thou his brother is still in pain and I guess that's all that matters, how he copes with it and if this is his release then so be it. 

I have a sneaking feeling that Kevin was more concerned with the BIGGER picture. Think about it...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.