UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> I have a question for the PG

10/24/06 2:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
springy palm
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Oct-06

What is God to you and do you believe in him/her, it.
10/29/06 1:07 AM
BjjSchoolGirl
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Oct-06 01:11 AM
Springy Palm, Easy question! I would answer it for you of course, but just a little tired at the moment...;-) Why has no one had a go at it though, I wonder? Remember, everyone's opinion matters (except my little sister's- at the moment she's bound to silence because she made up an original joke that was just lame and made no one laugh. We have a system that if either of us tell a lame joke, we have to make up for it by spending the amount of time in silence that's in direct proportion to the worthlessness of the joke. That consequence makes you think more carefully in the future...) Cheers, Maryanne.
10/29/06 3:40 AM
Indrek R.
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Oct-06
I believe that there is no personified monotheistic god (as in christianity, islam etc) or a bunch of pantheistic gods (as in greek or roman religion). There is like 0,0000000 % of chance that there is an an omnipotent omniscient being who is actually a PERSON like us and judges us and cares about what we do. Everyone with a critical mind should be able to see that this is just something that MAN has made up according to his own image. Whereas whether there is a philosophers god or something akin to the absolute (Hegel, Spinoza) or the final ONE as in eastern religions who is really not a God in the western personified sense I cannot state. But there might be good philosophical reasons to believe that we are all one in the end. I.
2/5/07 1:30 AM
rkjmd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Feb-07
I'd say just the opposite.
2/5/07 4:59 AM
Indrek R.
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Feb-07
And WHY?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.