UnderGround Forums

PhotoshopGround >> Changing skin tone

10/26/06 11:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Hook
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Oct-06

Need help changing skin tone. I've seen people completely change someone's skin to look green like the Hulk's or Randy Couture with his Capt. American skin. How is this done? It seems like when I cut somebody's face to place it somewhere I have a hard time matching skin tones. I googled it, but I couldn't find a lot of help and since I've seen some masterpieces here, I figure this was better than google. Thanks in advance!
10/30/06 11:14 PM
The Hook

Edited: 30-Oct-06
ttt
11/2/06 2:56 PM
Dooz

Edited: 02-Nov-06
For matching skin tones, I usually use: Image - Adjustments - Levels (match the skin brightness and contrast) and Image - adjustments - Hue/Saturation (match color) Use the dropdown menu in the Hue/Sat window to further refine the colors.
11/4/06 12:20 PM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Nov-06
Getting the saturation correct is usually my first step and can take you most of the way there. Then using the color burn tool to add shadowing and the color dodge tool to add highlights where needed is great. Also be carefull with proportions. When putting the "new face" over the old one, I lower the opacity of the new face so I can see the old one through it. Then using the free transform tool, I make sure that I scale and move the new face so the eyes, nose and mouth all line up with the old face. Next use a soft eraser to remove the edges of the new face, so that it blends with the old. (dont forget to set the opacity of the new face to 100% at this point). Then add any color/tinting that the picture might require.
11/10/06 6:58 PM
The Hook

Edited: 10-Nov-06
Thanks! I just realized that my majore problem was working with a color picture and an almost black and white picture. The person changed it to be COOL and I tried to mess with 'em!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.