UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> are you a jelly belly? memo

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/27/06 3:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Aliraps
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Oct-06

Did anyone else see the report of the Chief of Winter Haven, Fla. who sent out the e-mail to his officers, asking iof they were fat and out of shape? One of his comments was "We didn't hire you unfit, and you shouldn't be working unfit" or something to that effect. Now he has resigned...a cop of 36 years, all because of likely a few lazy assholes who got fat and felt their right to be fat has been been breached. IMO, anyone who takes the job should know that being physically fit is obviously important to keeping yourself safe on the streets. It's too bad that guys get their shit in a knot because a Chief maybe wants what is best for his men and women. What say you LEO ground??
11/1/06 3:25 PM
CaliKyle
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Nov-06
I'm not a cop, but the former Chief made some great points. Overweight, unfit officers are a liability and no amounts of excuses makes up for any diminished job performance. If some LEOs were offended, maybe they should be honest with themselves and rectify the situation instead of playing the PC card.
11/7/06 2:48 PM
chadk
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Nov-06
"If some LEOs were offended, maybe they should be honest with themselves and rectify the situation instead of playing the PC card." I agree but that's not the world we work in unfortunately.
11/19/06 8:22 PM
FJJ828
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Nov-06
NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C.
As much as I agree with the sentiment behind the memo, I think their were some other issues related to his resignation. I have seen crap like that way too much to believe it was all over his memo and a couple of lazy cops. If he had some support from his peers and bosses, I am sure the memo would have been a non issue and they would have told anyone complaining to go pound sand. More to the story IMO.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.