UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> You guys are great!

9/5/12 7:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DEZBOT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This feels weird, rip Phone Post
9/5/12 7:49 AM
Sleazy Martinez
507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reading Evan's initial post on this thread again honestly made me well up a bit. Massive lump in my throat right now. RIP Evan Tanner. Phone Post
9/5/12 8:34 AM
jim dwyer
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShavingRyansPrivates - TTT for Evan to someday make the UFC HOF...

"the UFC HOF"......

Quite possibly the best idea I've heard all day.  How do we even begin to make this happen, any ideas?
9/5/12 8:34 AM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP. Phone Post
9/5/12 8:38 AM
Kimbos Bread
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Phone Post
9/5/12 8:40 AM
RJJH
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sleazy Martinez -  Reading Evan's initial post on this thread again honestly made me well up a bit. Massive lump in my throat right now. RIP Evan Tanner. Phone Post

this.

i only met Evan a few times and hung out with him even less. but I will always call him a  friend.
9/5/12 9:18 AM
SRTGEO

smag - 
ShavingRyansPrivates - TTT for Evan to someday make the UFC HOF...
Has to happen Phone Post

9/5/12 10:33 AM
Knuckle Punch
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rip Phone Post
9/5/12 12:16 PM
rezzz
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP
9/5/12 12:19 PM
AngryFoamy
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw the thread with Evan's name on it and I immediately had a sense of anxiety in my stomach.  Such a shame what happened.  Evan had something special about him that attracted the interest of so many, myself included.
9/5/12 12:20 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aw Phone Post
9/5/12 7:22 PM
cakegirl
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sleazy Martinez - Reading Evan's initial post on this thread again honestly made me well up a bit. Massive lump in my throat right now. RIP Evan Tanner. Phone Post
Same. I'm tears now. Miss you, Evan. You were one of a kind. <3 Phone Post
9/5/12 7:38 PM
UGCTT_Blaat
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not forgotten. Phone Post
9/5/12 8:12 PM
japetto

EVAN!!!!!
9/5/12 8:23 PM
Manuel Gutierrez
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rip man, Phone Post
9/6/12 12:24 AM
BALLSDEEP
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT good times.
9/6/12 5:46 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still missed! Phone Post
9/9/12 8:57 AM
charms434
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will always be missed. Phone Post
9/9/12 9:01 AM
UGCTT_EnderTL
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP.

Every time an Evan Tanner thread is bumped I feel a little sad, a little nostalgic, but most of all I feel inspired.

Thanks for everything. Phone Post
9/9/12 10:25 AM
Binson

RIP Phone Post
9/9/12 10:40 AM
Gerbacio
625 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_EnderTL - RIP.

Every time an Evan Tanner thread is bumped I feel a little sad, a little nostalgic, but most of all I feel inspired.

Thanks for everything. Phone Post
This Phone Post
9/15/12 12:54 AM
RML
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A vote up for Evan Tanner
9/15/12 1:07 AM
tinytuffnutz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP
9/21/12 10:06 AM
MrChainBlueLightning
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread, if any, should be perma stickied.
9/25/12 4:54 AM
Jack Furious
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Believe: It's really quite a triumph, just his personal impact on me. He brought so many people together, changed lives, and showed the kind of heart that only a true warrior poet could display in the cage. He was open about his demons to us as fans, and actually took the time to talk us as individuals. I know, it's one of the most terribly hokey things, but when he seemed to be swinging in the wrong direction with his alcoholism, I would write him little poems about how, being such a public and well-loved figure, that even his failures help light the way out of the dark for those daring enough to dream, and every single one, I would get a thank you, or a question about a line, or he would ask if he could use a line or two in his blog. We exchanged a lot of emails back in the Myspace days, and we talked a lot about drinking and how it affected our personal and professional lives.

I can say with certainty that if I had missed those golden moments, I would at best still be a hopeless drunk, but it's been nearly two full years. When I'm tempted, or hurt, or lonely, or depressed, I don't count my clean days or close my eyes and wait for the feeling to pass just to be able to continue to tell the ones I love that I have yet to falter. Every time I ride out the temptation, a consciously give credence to a man whose hand I never shook and whose voice I never heard speak my name. I cannot go so far as to say my abstinence is in total my honoring the man's spirit, but upon reflection, I consider my continuing to try, a fleeting monument to a man that personally made it known that he believed in me. Haha, he said, if you can still believe in me , I'll always believe in you.

A small part of that fire still burns within me, I'm a better man for it, and I'm not alone.

Miss you Evan

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.