UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> You guys are great!

7/10/14 3:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OGTT_RKellyPeedOnMe -  This just made me sad. Phone Post

7/10/14 3:11 PM
jasonhightower
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nakedwelshman - Every time this thread bumps up I get punched in the chest all over again :( Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/14 3:14 PM
KidPittsburgh
1145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LetiKraker - 

His Myspace is still up. This picture on his profile gave me the willies. RIP Evan.

I love all of the pictures of him out there that are selfies riding his bike.
7/10/14 3:22 PM
xsrg95
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scott Rotem - Can we get this man in the HOF already?!

he was a ufc champion that the fans loved. that should be enough to get him in. hopefully soon
7/10/14 3:41 PM
angryguy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miss that guy Phone Post 3.0
7/10/14 3:41 PM
jwistead
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xsrg95 - 
Scott Rotem - Can we get this man in the HOF already?!

he was a ufc champion that the fans loved. that should be enough to get him in. hopefully soon

Yeah.

Inspiration should definitely be a factor. Aside from fighting, his interaction with the MMA community is a thing of legend, too. Official HOF or not, his persona transcends what it means to be HOF. True legend.

Someone posted a thread the other day asking which fighters will be forgotten in a number of years. Evan Tanner will never be forgotten because *he meant something to people*. He represented the struggle of humanity, and if you're reading this and can't identify with that, congratulations, you've lived a very nice life.

I drove through the same desert he was in (Palo Verde region, was it?) within a day or two of when he would have been there. What a silent, isolated, hot place. Still kind of crazy to think about it.

RIP, Champ.
7/10/14 8:26 PM
staygreenponyboy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm heading through that area again in September. I will smoke one for the homie who ain't here. :(
7/10/14 8:46 PM
Jimmy Wrassler
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love and hate it when these threads are bumped.  RIP Evan

7/10/14 9:29 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

R.I.P. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 12:33 PM
charms434
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nakedwelshman - Every time this thread bumps up I get punched in the chest all over again :( Phone Post 3.0
Me too. He truly had 'the it factor'. Even before I'd read his blog on his page, I'd love to watch him fight. Didn't matter if he was in the main event or prelims.
A man who truly went to the beat of his own drummer, we could all learn something from Evan. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 1:19 PM
chilz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad,man. RIP Evan... Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 1:21 PM
VinegarStrokes
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

charms434 - 
Me too. He truly had 'the it factor'. Even before I'd read his blog on his page, I'd love to watch him fight. Didn't matter if he was in the main event or prelims.
A man who truly went to the beat of his own drummer, we could all learn something from Evan. Phone Post 3.0

Absolutely.

RIP Evan you are missed.

7/14/14 1:27 PM
Micheal McKenzietine
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow what an emotional bump! What a fucking inspiration to life this dude was. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 2:25 PM
Phil999

R.I.P.
7/14/14 2:35 PM
Ghost of Sex_Guy
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 2:56 PM
Koreanyachtteam
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread will never die like his soul Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 5:49 PM
The Nightstalker
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tanners legend will live forever. RIP Evan Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 5:51 PM
SuperFreakingRyanMMA

RIP man :( Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 6:43 PM
Sloppy Single Leg

RIP Evan.
7/14/14 7:46 PM
MMAtador

A true legend, several years later and it's like it just happened. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 8:11 PM
TexasBadAss
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was at the UFC expo and wish I would have thought to ask Dana in his Q&A about putting Tanner in the HOF. I hope somebody gets a future chance at one of the shows to suggest this.
7/14/14 8:21 PM
KOphil25
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Evan

LEGEND Phone Post 3.0
7/14/14 8:32 PM
mghan44
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know this sounds cheesy because I never met the man, but Evan Tanner changed my life.

I followed his myspace page at I time in my life when I was in a really rough spot, drinking and doing drugs every day and I just wasn't a happy person. I remember his post saying that he was going to quit drinking and he mentioned the date and he encouraged everyone reading to pick something about themselves that they wanted to change and change it.

I was inspired by Evan and I ended up moving across the country, becoming a wildland firefighter (which I learned about from Sam Sheridan's "A Fighters Heart") and getting my Bachelors degree. I went from having no real direction in my life to 6 years later being so fucking pumped about where I am and where I am heading.
7/14/14 8:47 PM
44 Magnum
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mghan44 - I know this sounds cheesy because I never met the man, but Evan Tanner changed my life.

I followed his myspace page at I time in my life when I was in a really rough spot, drinking and doing drugs every day and I just wasn't a happy person. I remember his post saying that he was going to quit drinking and he mentioned the date and he encouraged everyone reading to pick something about themselves that they wanted to change and change it.

I was inspired by Evan and I ended up moving across the country, becoming a wildland firefighter (which I learned about from Sam Sheridan's "A Fighters Heart") and getting my Bachelors degree. I went from having no real direction in my life to 6 years later being so fucking pumped about where I am and where I am heading.

VU! Very cool, so nice to hear positive changes like that
7/14/14 9:00 PM
mghan44
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

44 Magnum - 
mghan44 - I know this sounds cheesy because I never met the man, but Evan Tanner changed my life.

VU! Very cool, so nice to hear positive changes like that

Thanks a lot! VU to you as well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.