UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> N'castle and relegation...

11/1/06 4:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OctaviousBP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Nov-06

bets on them being in the Premiership next year? It's been absolutely horrible as a fan. I'm glad Star Asia and ESPN haven't carried many of their games frankly...
11/1/06 8:58 AM
Govnor

Mick in 3...2...1...
11/1/06 9:43 AM
Shotgun Mick

....0! Relegation is a possibility as we have been in decline for years. People say it's never boring to support Newcastle but I'm afraid I'm very bored of the piss poor management of the club from the very top. If Newcastle go down I don't think they will ever come back up.
11/1/06 9:52 AM
Govnor

"If Newcastle go down I don't think they will ever come back up." That's just the stress talking man!!! You're too big to not come back up. West Ham always comes back eventually and we're not even half the club (money wise) you are.
11/1/06 10:11 AM
Shotgun Mick

The amount of debt Newcastle are in (http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk) if we go down it would be disasterous and if it does happen Mr Shepherd better run and hide.
11/1/06 10:39 AM
Govnor

Yeah, but look at Leeds...they'll be back soon IMO.
11/1/06 11:19 AM
Shotgun Mick

Ehhhhhhhhhh? No they won't!!
11/1/06 11:21 AM
Govnor

LOL, oops. OK maybe they won't!
11/1/06 11:30 AM
Shotgun Mick

11/1/06 11:44 AM
Govnor

**prints and hangs up in cubicle**
11/1/06 11:49 AM
Shotgun Mick

Good lad. I take it you will be supporting the toon tomorrow night Govnor? Against those nasty Italians.
11/2/06 10:40 AM
KurtCorris
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Nov-06
lol my housemate will love this, die hard geordie fan
11/2/06 1:52 PM
Govnor

15-16k??? Oh dear.....
11/2/06 9:19 PM
OctaviousBP

Woohoo, top of Group H. Here we go now... on a roll for sure. Unstoppable! . . . . . . . . . ... sigh ...
11/3/06 2:52 AM
Shotgun Mick

Edited: 03-Nov-06
Take that Palermo!
11/6/06 11:38 AM
Shotgun Mick

Edited: 06-Nov-06
Ah Christ.
11/6/06 11:47 AM
Govnor

Edited: 06-Nov-06
Hey I'd take a decent run in the UEFA and relegation any day! Actually... Hope you bounce back. Hate to say it...but Roeder won't get it done if you slip futher back.
11/7/06 3:04 AM
Shotgun Mick

Edited: 07-Nov-06
If relegation is what it takes to get rid of Shepherd and Hall then maybe it'd be worth it.
11/7/06 11:54 AM
kabukikidd

Mick if it makes ya feel any better. Newcastle is in 3rd in my Football Manager season.
11/7/06 11:56 AM
Govnor

"If relegation is what it takes to get rid of Shepherd and Hall then maybe it'd be worth it" Can you give me the specifics for the hate? I know you haven't won anything...but, you've had some good times, no??
11/8/06 4:09 AM
Shotgun Mick

Edited: 08-Nov-06
We had good times when Sir John Hall was Chairman. When Shepherd took over we were the 2nd best team in the country with the best squad we probably have ever had. Look at us now. Here is a letter sent in to a fanzine which is long but I think gets the point across. "Why do I dislike Freddy Shepherd so much and why is it time for change? I asked myself this question the other day on the back of a heated conversation with a bloke at a wedding reception who defended FFS the way you expect any spoon fed fan to. He claimed he had invested in the club and had always backed the managers (I came back with the fact that he picked the fucking losers in the first place but that fell on deaf ears) so I thought that I should ask myself why do I hate this man so much and why do I hate what he has done to the club I love even more? The whole story goes back to the end of the Keegan era. Looking back now, the directors wanted to make some good money (by floating on the stock exchange) and needed him to sign up to a long-term commitment as manager. When he couldn't do that (for whatever reason) they made him go. It didn't seem as though we had much of a plan after that and so we got an ex-Liverpool legend egomaniac Jock to take over. I didn't think that this was too bad at the time but I didn't realise that his vision was to dismantle the best side I had seen at SJP and replace it with a bunch of shit (Barnes, Rush, Anderson etc.). FFS was an integral part of this decision and it set us back years. Ideal long term plan – appoint a caretaker until SBR became available (that summer). Capitalise on the strongest squad we have seen at SJP in a long, long time and establish NUFC as a top 3 team for the future (all achievable). FFS's plan – don't think he had one - he was new to the job you know. Around this time, FFS found himself pissed in a Spanish brothel (not unusual for a footballer you might say but not ideal for a Chairman) and decided that was a good time to slag us all off to an undercover reporter showing his true colours. I don't remember him saying that he was a fan and a true Geordie when he was telling everyone with a Black & White replica shirt on that they were mugs and that their Mam / Sister / Wife / Girlfriend was a dog do you? We should have chased the twat then in my opinion. After realising that King Kenny was terrible and was taking us in a downward spiral, FFS then decided to appoint another arrogant knacka but this time he went for a Dutch one. This was done a few games into the season giving the whole set up no bedding in time and very little chance of success – once again the strategy and planning behind that decision leaves a lot to be desired. It is also questionable whether a check was done on who he was employing as Chelsea fans at the time knew that Gullit was a fragile character who had to be the big cheese and didn't like it when playing staff had a bigger name than him. That should have set the alarm bells ringing but not in the empty head of FFS. What happens then is history but the next one at least got it right for a while. SBR had a great time at NUFC and I enjoyed a lot of the time he was here but he was hampered throughout by FFS. Allegedly, he either undermined him or tried to sell / buy players behind his back (read his side in his book) giving him no long term chance of success. Good planning? I don't think so. Good leadership – no. The right decisions for NUFC – no way. Near the end of SBR's reign, we have a direct comparison between well run clubs and ours in my opinion. After we finished 5th in Sir Bobby's last full season, a lot of us thought that it was time for a change in manager. So did Liverpool and so did Chelsea (who both had managers who were a lot more successful than ours). They decided to let them both go on the last day of the season after already having a plan for who was going to come in and replace them (Mourhino and Benitez). That gives them the whole summer to assess the club and the playing staff and plan for the next season. That sound like a good decision by their respective Board's to me. We just fucked the whole thing up. Who is to blame for the shambles? – FFS and no one else. Long term plan? – no fucking way. Long term strategy? – not fucking likely. What does our CEO and Chairman do? FFS decides to change manager again after the start of a season. This is the 4th time in a row he has done this. Does that instil confidence? Did it prove to be the right strategy in the past – for fucks sake, he couldn't even learn lessons from previous cock-ups never mind make decisions for the future. So what does our illustrious leader do now? He reverts to type and goes full circle employing a second ex-Liverpool legend egomaniac Jock. Did he not get it first time round? Has he got the memory span of a fucking Goldfish? This has to be the worst decision he has made in the 10 years he has been in charge and then he compounds the whole thing by giving the useless twat £50 million to spend. It beggars belief. Surprise, surprise it doesn't work out and he then has to replace another manager during the season. The new one has a few canny results but then, this season, it starts to un-ravel all over again. Good planning – what the fuck do you think? Long term strategy – non fucking existent (he gave him a two year contract for fucks sake). If you add to this the stream of underachieving, over-paid wankers who have played / are still playing for this club and his handling of several situations (Stevenage / Bowyer v Dyer / Lower league clubs etc.) then you also get an overall view of the man. This has all been on his watch and he has been astonishingly well paid during this period. I don't like what I see and I expect a lot of people feel exactly the same as me. For all you fans who think that I am being unfair to FFS then I say ask yourself the same question that I did – do it in your own time and do it with an open mind. Don't let the local press cloud your judgement and look at all the facts available. I might be wrong but I don't think so. I'll tell you what I am though. I am fucking angry that this man has overseen our club during the most prosperous times in football and we have gone backwards. If you want to be cynical, just look at the financial reports. We are in the shit. If we went down, you are talking about Leeds here. 10 years ago we had a squad which was the envy of the league and were a Colin Hendry or a Tony Adams away from winning the title – just look where we are now. That's why we want Shepherd Out for fucks sake. Our club is stagnating and is rotten to the core in my opinion. Let's make sure there is a change. Let's make sure that FFS / Hall know we don't want them here anymore and most of all let's make sure that we support our team at the same time. You can do both!"
11/8/06 4:12 AM
Shotgun Mick

11/8/06 4:14 AM
Shotgun Mick

11/10/06 12:25 PM
BaldTony
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-06
LOL. When I first saw this thread I was trying to find a way of bringing Saddam into it. That's made my week.
11/16/06 4:09 AM
twunt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Nov-06
I support this thread

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.