UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> tell me about these yanks?

11/2/06 11:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pretjah
1013 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Nov-06

frank simek jay demerit i'll ask some omore later i never get to see them play and wonder how they stack up with the other us men's national team defenders (ie bocanagro, cherundolo, gooch)
11/2/06 1:53 PM
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmmmm. Good luck getting answers here on that one Pret. We're pretty strictly Prem and Euro footie here.
11/2/06 2:33 PM
Pretjah
1013 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simek plays for shef wed in england and demrit plays for watford
11/2/06 3:03 PM
Govnor

is demrit the one who was playing for the pub teams?? That is a great story by the way. I really meant in terms of comparing them to the others you mentioned...doubt many here could help...but maybe I'm wrong.
11/2/06 3:05 PM
Pretjah

well just give me your opinion on them. i know you've seen carlos bocanagra play (fulham) and i'm sure you've seen steve cherundalo (hanover in germany) and probably have seen johnathan spectre and corey gibbs play both of them are in the prem. or eddie lewis for leeds even though he is more of a midi i believe
11/3/06 3:31 AM
Yougottawanna

Edited: 03-Nov-06
Jay Demerit made someone's premiership team of the week last week....so did Tim Howard. Two players in the best eleven of the week means that last week the USA was tied for strongest footballing nation in the world (I think there were two frenchmen on the team too)
11/3/06 8:12 PM
grizz632
671 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Nov-06
Gooch is by far the best of the bunch, imo. I really like DeMerit though, he's excellent in the air and plays hard for the full 90(something I've yet to see Cory Gibbs do). He's just as good as Boca, and probably better. For whatever reason Arena preferred guys like Gibbs, Boca, and Conrad to DeMerit and never gave him a chance at the international level, but whoever the new coach is will hopefully see what DeMerit can bring to a team and call him up. There should be some spots opening up with Pope retiring from international duty and guys like Berhalter and Lewis getting older also, his backheel clearance off the line in last weeks match against Tottenham was one of the best defensive efforts I've seen

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.