UnderGround Forums

Miletich Fighting System >> How old is too old?

11/4/06 4:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shawndeal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Nov-06

Mr. Militich and anyone else, I'll be thirty next year, and will be coming back to the states in November (currently serving with the US Army in Germany). The only experience I have is the army combatives program, but upon returning to the states next year I plan to pursue a school for MMA wherever I'm stationed, even if I have to drive a couple of hours to get to it. My aspirations are to fight as an amateur, then see what happens. How old is too old to start? SD
11/5/06 8:16 PM
dawley
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Nov-06
never too old to start training, imo. but to fight... I've seen men have thier first fight at 40. guess its more so what u feel, and your coach feels.
11/5/06 10:09 PM
croatian
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Nov-06
Shawndeal, If I listened to other peoples advise i would never have won a world title. I had one person who believed in me, my mom. Pat
11/6/06 12:50 AM
dawley
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Nov-06
There u go Shawndeal, from the man himself. By the way, since youre new here, just so you know, croation is Pat Miletich. Hope you enjoy the advice bro. Train hard
11/6/06 7:10 AM
shawndeal

Edited: 06-Nov-06
Thanks Pat, and other guys. On an add on, there are no classes whatsoever in bjj, muay thai, or anything else. What are some things that I can do on my own to prepare to start learning and training next year when I get stationed back in the states (november). SD
11/7/06 1:00 PM
dawley

Edited: 07-Nov-06
Honestly, at that point, if there is no bjj, muay thai, boxing, wrestling, or anything, your best bet is to just get a good solid work out routine in. get yourself strong (not steroid strong though) and IN SHAPE! Then, performing the training will be much easier.
11/7/06 11:02 PM
croatian
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Nov-06 11:02 PM
Order some video's from some of the more technical guys in the sport. Maybe the UFC would send some video's to Germany on their pocket? I'm also sure we could get you some if you keep reminding me, I've been hit a lot, so I forget stuff all the time. Pat M
11/8/06 9:51 AM
shawndeal

Edited: 08-Nov-06
Pat, What are some of the guys that you recommend me purchasing dvd's of for instruction? I've got 18 dvd's of ufc and pride, but agree that I need some instructionals. I would be honored to receive some of your stuff. Just don't be too surprised if you see me sometime in 2008 for a training camp. That's a dream for me. SD

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.