UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Alernator/Battery help needed!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/8/06 2:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theTexasPsycho
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Nov-06

It started with the lights dimming and the radio flickering, then when you would come to a low idle the car would die and the battery was dead. I had the alternator replaced last Tuesday. It ran fine until Saturday when it started doing the same thing again. I replaced the battery and it ran fine again until Monday. And it started acting the same way and the battery was dead. Yesterday we had the battery charged and I started the car, unhooked the + battery cable and the car died instantly. I took the alternator off to it to Autozone for them to test and it tested fine. I got a battery/alternator tester also. I got home put the alternator back on and tested it. It showed the battery and alternator both working fine. I took it for a 5 minute drive when I returned home and it show the alternator wasn't working properly again. It sat overnight. When I tested it this morning it showed to be working fine again. I took it for another 5 minute drive and it stopped working again. Any thoughts?
11/13/06 8:08 PM
autotech
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Nov-06
first of all what is IT?. i would tend to say that you have a bad wire or connection powering the alternator. how do the battery connections look? have you check the engine and body grounds? you could have a lot of stuff going on and each vehicle has their own little system problems. take it back to the first shop and have them check it again especialy if they charged you daignostic time.
11/14/06 12:27 PM
Ponyboy
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Nov-06
Battery cables and fuse links........the alternator was probably ok until someone took off the battery cables while it was running.
2/16/07 4:02 AM
white_boy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Feb-07
Plus the alternator could be "sometiming".

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.