UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Thought I would share this.....

11/14/06 7:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
armory
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Nov-06

Tony and Team, Some of you guys know me, Joe Mullings. I have been a member of the PDR Team for a few years and also a big fan on Tony and his material. Additionally, besides the PDR curriculum I have a very successful academy that trains professional MMA Fighters. Our facility is called The Armory (www.amma.tv) and some of my pro fighters that you may have seen in UFC, Pride, Heros, etc.... Hermes Franca, Kurt Pellegrino, Matt Wiman, Rafael Chaves to name a few. We train out of Jupiter Florida. I implement alot of Tony's principles into our MMA training as we prep the fighters for specific fights/scenarios/opponents. Having said that, thats cool and exciting.....but I have to tell you that when I get a letter out of the blue like the one I received last nite on email....these make me most proud of what I do, what my team does and also for the body of work that Tony has provided us with....please read on... "My name is Chip Pennoyer. I am a Patrol Officer with the Brookfield Police Department here in CT. I am assigned to the midnight tour and If there is a time to encounter dangerous people then this is it. I have trained with Joe Mullings in the past with his PDR Clinics for police patrol. In my spare time I also train in mma and have applied many of the skills that I have learned from Joe in the field, with large combative suspects, with great success. Simply put, Joe Mullings has improved my sense of tactical awareness and has given me tools that have, on two recent occasions kept me from getting seriously injured in one situation, and saved my life in another. I am writing this e-mail because I feel that I owe Joe Mullings, and all Armory staff and personnel a debt of gratitude, and look foward to proudly wear the armory name should training gear become available. Thanks Chip." So I thought I would share. Keep on teaching and you may never ever know when you may make a difference. Best Wishes Joe Mullings
11/14/06 2:52 PM
jsteinmann

Edited: 14-Nov-06
Excellent stuff Joe!
11/15/06 11:18 AM
DannyE

Edited: 15-Nov-06 11:22 AM
Hi Joe, how are you? I saw you in the Octagon with Hermes, for his last fight a few months ago. Sounds like things are going well there. I hope to make it back to Jupiter sometime to train again! Danny Evans PDR Team New Orleans, LA
11/16/06 1:02 PM
armory

Edited: 16-Nov-06
Hey Danny, good to hear from you. Would love to have you down again soon. We have added another 6000 sq ft of training area to our facility, so now we have full cage, olympic ring, full blown HAmmer Strength weight training facility and 3000 additional sq ft of mat. Yes, I have cornered Hermes for his last 2 UFC fights and Kurt Pellegrino in the last UFC fight last month. So I am having fun. Our facility in Jupiter Florida is open to any PDR member at anytime. Joe Mullings
11/16/06 10:46 PM
P

Edited: 16-Nov-06
Joe, awesome to hear and well deserved! Hope to make it down there one day. Phil
11/18/06 11:22 AM
DannyE

Edited: 18-Nov-06
Wow, another 6000 sq. ft......you had a very nice gym when I was there, a few years ago!! Sounds incredible. Congrats!
12/28/06 5:01 AM
Tabmoc19

Edited: 28-Dec-06 05:03 AM
Joe, I met you when you and Hermes were in San Antonio a few months ago. I train/teach at the Power Team BJJ with Sergio and Bruno. Could you contact me if you get the chance at jimwalker3@excite.com ? I have a few questions to ask you. Thanks, James Walker www.powerteambjj.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.