UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Jon Bluming

11/16/06 3:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tribal416
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Nov-06

I am curious, how many would be interested in doing a seminar with Jon Bluming. He is known to be another pioneer in MMA in europe. He holds 10 dan in Judo and 10 dam in Kyokushin, but his Kyokushin evolved in more Muay Thai and boxing mixed in, accually Daido Juku founder is a 6 dan in his system. I ussually talk to him over e-mail and I was wondring if people would be interested in doing a seminar with him in the NY or tri-state area if he ever decided to come down here. www.jonbluming.com
11/21/06 9:34 AM
zeerebel
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Nov-06
I would !!! Let me know when Z www.fusionmma.com
11/21/06 12:24 PM
Backhereagain

Edited: 21-Nov-06
Jon Bluming is the most under-rated individual in martial arts. He was doing MMA decades ago, while still keeping a foot in the traditional styles.
11/24/06 8:12 AM
Kolsyrade
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Nov-06
Bluming was a good fighter (although the fact he was a giant among dwarfs in japan back in the 50ies/60ies might have played a part in it) in the days before kyokushin started competing seriously, but unfortunately he has a big mouth that keeps running away with him. He loves to trash talking others to set himself up as a legend. Especially when the individual in question is dead and cant defend themselves. He does it with a mix of rumors, innuendos, half-truths and outright lies. Alternately he challenges young fighters to fights -now remember that he is a old man, why would anyone sane ever want to fight him? To get a rep for beating up senior citizens? His "10th dan" in kyokushin was given to him by a group of kickboxers, even if one of them had been very high ranking in kyokushin 30 years ago. Not exactly people authorized to give out kyokushin grades higher than any other grade that the main kyokushin organizations ever have given out. His actual grade given to him by kyokushin is 7th dan before he was expelled in the 60ies. Until recently he was the head of IBK (international Budo kai) -a cooperative "umbrella" organizations for karate (kyokushin and Ashihara) kickboxing and MMA organizations and KBK (kyokushin Budo kai) -the kyokushin part of IBK. But his organization actually splintered a few months ago, and the bulk of it is now headed by Gerard Gordeau, with Bluming holding on only to a very small fraction of it. He is a good teacher, and a seminar with him would be great -as long as it didn't degenerate to a propaganda campaign. And since he just lost most of his organization, and needs to build it up again, I fear it would.
12/7/06 6:57 PM
de braco
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-06
Your ideas intrigue me and i wish to receive your newsletter.
3/14/07 6:07 PM
EntryTeam

Edited: 14-Mar-07
Bluming is a legimate badass!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.