UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Need Help!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/22/06 6:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EddieSaldana
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Nov-06

I have been having a discussion about whether or not latino is a race and whether or not Anderson Silva is considered to be latino in present day United States... Can someone please give me their opinion and maybe help the conversation... anyone interested in debating intelligently, please respond to this thread and I will contact you and brief you on what has been established thus far... I need someone who understands race, ethnicity, heritage, etc... Thanks guys, ES
11/29/06 6:50 PM
Vit0r
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Nov-06
Isn't Anderson Silva from Brazil? Although Brazil is located in South America which is predominantly latino, I don't think they count since a good portion of their heritage is influenced by the Portugese. Its like saying Haitians are the latinos of the carribean because they are surrounded by Cuba, Puerto Rico, DR, etc.
12/25/06 10:33 PM
ThePeople
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Dec-06
It comes down to semantics. Latino/Latina is not so much a defination of race as it is of culture. Some people consider Spainards Latinos, some people consider Brazilians Latinos. There is no definative answer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.

Only Pro Members and Moderators are allowed to post to this thread. Upgrade to a Pro Member account today!