UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Meeting english speaking girls?

11/29/06 10:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bigD13B
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Nov-06

I've been dating a japanese girl for a little while... Super cool girl, and great for my japanese and all... But i've kinda decided I want to meet some girls who can speak english.... like fellow foriegners or whatever.... Japanese girls with good english... Whatever. I go to a university where there are no other native english speakers, so I get plenty of japanese practice here. So.... Where do they go?!?! Where do you meet english speaking girls?!? Cheers
11/30/06 3:58 AM
Bunnymonster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Nov-06
If you find out let me know...
11/30/06 8:38 PM
bigD13B
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Nov-06
Anyone?
12/1/06 12:09 PM
Solidus

Edited: 01-Dec-06
Go to one of their upper level english classes. There has to be someone who has studied abroad and is good. Although you'll probably just end up being used for english practice by most people.
12/4/06 7:27 PM
bigD13B

Edited: 04-Dec-06
ttt
12/7/06 10:43 PM
Easytarget
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-06
bigD, Go to a bar in town where English teachers go, at said bar there will be a number of staff who can speak English. There will also be teachers and often their students who can speak English. Put up a language exchange wanted sign at your uni, or another nearby. Interview the potential candidates. Exchange not with the crappy speakers. These approaches will work. But i cannot guarantee how good looking they'll be. Being used for english practice is easy if they are nice, and look good nekkid.
12/7/06 10:45 PM
Easytarget
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-06
Oh, western girls are usually teachers or hostesses. The teachers will be eager to talk to you and as they have zero male attention here will be happy to talk to you. The hostesses, i dunno.
12/8/06 5:33 AM
bigD13B

Edited: 08-Dec-06
Cheers! Good advice man! You living in Tokyo?
12/8/06 7:32 AM
Easytarget

Edited: 08-Dec-06
No, in Nagoya mate. Good luck finiding a normal one!
12/9/06 1:42 AM
Bunnymonster

Edited: 09-Dec-06
I'll take any abnormal ones you don't want.... Preferably one who will "except (sic) the fighter lifestyle"....
12/9/06 8:03 AM
Easytarget

Edited: 09-Dec-06
The abnormal ones are dangerous, exepting of fighter lifestyle or not.
12/10/06 9:15 AM
Dogmeat 1
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Dec-06
Dating can be hard if you don't know the right people. In Japan people really only date people out of their own group (eg school, club, job) or via introductions such as at a kompa party or set up date. Most Japanese will never even go to a club let alone go there to get picked up so even most high level English speakers will probably just have Japanese boyfriends. The best idea is to makes friends and network. Once you are well connected and are receiving invitations it gets a lot easier to meet girls. I used to go to a lot of uni parties and the girls there (both Western and Japanese) are way better than anything you'd find at a bar.
12/10/06 9:17 AM
Dogmeat 1
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Dec-06
If you don't have the connections then bars are probably the best of a bad situation. There's plenty of Western girls and English speakers but the quality isn't great and most do tend to have a lot of baggage. There is the occasional hottie around especially if its a non-regular. Being based in Kansai I don't really know the best places to go in Tokyo but I can ask my friends for suggestions. Club Pure in Osaka is a pretty typical example of a meat market style Japanese club so you can get an idea of what to expect; http://www.osaka.clubpure.com/index.php
12/11/06 7:09 AM
Easytarget

Edited: 11-Dec-06
Dogmeat is very ugly. Dating is easy.
12/11/06 6:46 PM
Dogmeat 1

Edited: 11-Dec-06 06:48 PM
Easytarget, sorry I can't be prettier than you. Receiving compliments about my looks from other men has been a long term dream of mine and I'll be crying myself to sleep for weeks after your comment. and yeah dating is easy but some people prefer to date quality girls and not just bar skanks and gaijin-chasers. 99% of girls in Japan don't hang out at bars so you really only get the dregs there. The majority of western girls in Japan are JETs/students and you don't see many of either group hanging out at gaijin bars either. Therefore making connections is important if you want to meet girls outside of bars. There's a good reason why English teachers predominately date heffers or ugly chicks and yet dorky uni students are with mostly hotties.
12/11/06 9:36 PM
Easytarget

j/k there dogmeat. Im sure you're devilishly handsome. If you are young, can speak Japanese and arent a freak , dating is easy.
12/11/06 11:46 PM
bigD13B

Funny thing is..... after all this... my little japanese girl is starting to grow on me :) But keep the advice coming for the future;)
12/13/06 12:25 PM
Dogmeat 1

Edited: 13-Dec-06
easytarget, no offense taken. I've got a head like a watermelon (as BigD can probably remember) and yet I somehow do ok with the Japanese and Western ladies here. Must be my stunning and confident personality. or else people hear just really love the tito-sized egghead look...:P
12/13/06 12:44 PM
Dogmeat 1

Edited: 13-Dec-06
"Funny thing is..... after all this... my little japanese girl is starting to grow on me :)" you're probably better off staying with her. For my first 6 months in Japan I was still with my Australian GF but after we broke up and a few short flings I ended up in a serious relationship with a Japanese girl with nearly no English. The lack of deep conversations was hard at first but after a couple of months it stopped being an issue due to my Japanese improving. Even by the end of my first year I was able to score 90% on the listening section of the JLPT 2kyu due to that sticking with that relationship. Of course meeting new people and keeping your future options open is never a bad thing. If you want to try out some Tokyo clubs then Gaspanic (www.gaspanic.co.jp), Geronimo, Bar isn't It, and the Hobgoblin are some of the more popular ones. Personally I liked Osaka and Fukuoka's bars more (cheaper and less assholes) but there are probably better places around in Tokyo. You'd need to ask a local though as I just haven't spent enough time there to know.
12/14/06 12:31 AM
bigD13B

Edited: 14-Dec-06
hmmm... It sounds like i'm in a similar situation to what you were in.... I spend all day training and speaking japanese to people. With this girl it's the lack of deeper conversation that bugs me. Also I just kinda wanna relax when i'm with her. But I always have to have on my Japanese thinking cap. Good to know that after a while it wasn't an issue with you and your girl.
12/14/06 9:56 AM
Dogmeat 1

Edited: 14-Dec-06
yeah I can probably guess how it is for you right now. For myself there were times I just felt like running my head through a wall in frustration from just speaking Japanese all the time and training too much. If you stick with it longterm though the Japanese thing stops being a problem. I actually find it pretty relaxing nowadays to use Japanese after speaking English all day at work (IT / English teaching). Hanging out with a fellow English speakers now and again wouldn't hurt though. I guess that's a bit hard though with you being a basically a sports only university.
12/16/06 4:55 AM
bigD13B

Edited: 16-Dec-06
I tell you man. If it wasn't for Skype (internet phone) i'd have lost my brain!
12/19/06 8:55 PM
Easytarget

Edited: 19-Dec-06
Go to a sports bar and meet a zillion English teachers. Most are wankers but there are some good people.
12/19/06 10:01 PM
bigD13B

Edited: 19-Dec-06
where the hell are sports bars in Tokyo?
12/20/06 10:29 PM
Easytarget

Edited: 21-Dec-06 12:19 AM
No idea, google is your friend. Maybe soembody else can help you that is in Tokyo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.