UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Pardew Sacked.....

12/11/06 9:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Dec-06

I'm not sure this was the right way to go...but I can't really say I'm surprized after watching the game on Saturday. I hope they don't fuck around in getting someone good in, this is a critical period, they need to act very quickly IMO. It is amuzing though, because not 2 weeks ago the new Chairman said Pardew had his FULL BACKING.
12/11/06 9:23 AM
Shotgun Mick

Inevitable really. Sven or Curbishley to take over? I reckon you should get Souness!
12/11/06 9:29 AM
Govnor

If there is a God up there...it won't be Sven. Curbs I'd be fine with. Souness would be sacked within 2 weeks IMO. Once they realised no one was going to turn up to watch them play!
12/11/06 10:10 AM
BaldTony
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much did the takeover and Argies affect this season? They were great last year.
12/11/06 10:16 AM
Govnor

I don't know...they had already started to look a bit shakey though when the Argies arrived. The game on Saturday was completely unacceptable across the board...the new owners are clearly not going to fuck around.
12/11/06 11:00 AM
Govnor

We made you look like Barca.
12/11/06 11:16 AM
Shotgun Mick

Bet Reading fans love this.
12/11/06 11:27 AM
Govnor

LOL...no question.
12/17/06 3:27 PM
kabukikidd

Edited: 17-Dec-06
Beat Arsenal and Man U, and lose to Wigan and pathetically to Bolton. WTF is going on here? Hopefully the new manager high lasts longer then one week. Good job Curbs.
12/17/06 10:49 PM
Govnor

Edited: 17-Dec-06
What a great start!! Let's just hope it continues! My dad (bigger fan than me) told me yesterday that there is mounting evidence that Pardew was in the middle of some kind of mid-life crisis which was serverely affecting the dressing room. I don't get to see the tabloids over here, so some of you might have seen some stories...it was news to me. Some crazy sounding stuff.
12/18/06 6:11 AM
Shotgun Mick

Edited: 18-Dec-06
Haven't heard anything about that. I think what was affecting dressing room harmony most of all is that they were/are shite.
12/18/06 8:58 AM
Govnor

Edited: 18-Dec-06
LOL...well, no question that the team has been playing shite. But they are not a shite set of players by any stretch of the imagination. Top half of the league all year last year and a few seconds away from beating Liverpool in the cup final does not a shit team, make. I'll see if my dad has some of the gossip down that I can cut and paste...there is literally too much to type off the top of my head!
12/18/06 1:42 PM
Govnor

Edited: 18-Dec-06 01:42 PM
some of the gossip: "I cannot tell you whether this is true or not. Maybe it is, maybe it > isn't, I am simply the message handler! Probably be able to tell if and when > the story makes front page NOTW: > The News of The World have been trying to run the " Pardew affair " story > for months as we all know, and Pardew took out a injunction as his wife is > battling cancer, now it seems more women are coming out saying he has been > with them, we know about the PA, and one of the players wives, now a woman > from Croydon has come forward, as has a woman from Sweden. This was all made > known to the owners last Thursday, and were told that the NOTW were going to > the High Court to challenge the injuction. Eggert does not want the scandal > at the club, so Pardew was told in a emergency meeting on Sunday, not on the > monday as every where has written, they promised him a substantial pay off > to leave now, and not to say anything defamotory about the club, and > especially Reo Coker and Benayoun, who he does not get on with at all. > > Apparently now he has gone, it will hit the papers very soon, maybe even > before xmas > Yeah it was, and that's the story they are wanting to run, also the woman > from Croydon, it's her husband who has gone to the press. > No link for Fletchers missus though, that's why none of the players liked > him, as when Mrs Fletcher wanted to end it, pards sold Fletcher to Palace. > > There was no way at all, the new chairman was going to have him here at > the club especially with all this happening, they felt he had to go, they > knew people would blame them, as last week they said he would be here for > the forseeable future, but once this happened, they acted quick. Curbishley > was recommended by Erickson last Friday, after Magnusson had lunch with > Erickson at Claridges, Erickson was asked if he wanted it, but he does not > want to manage in England again, as he feels he is not suited. > Thats why the deal has gone through so quickly, and will be announced > today. Magnusson wants at least 4 players in in Jan, Curbishley has told him > who he wants, and they will try and succeed. 2 midfielders, one centre > forward, and one defender. At least 5 will go between Jan and the Summer, > Konchesky is a definate as Curbishley does not rate him.
12/19/06 5:25 AM
Shotgun Mick

Edited: 19-Dec-06
The dirty dog.
12/19/06 9:25 AM
Govnor

Edited: 19-Dec-06
He turned up one day at training in a brand new Ferrari as well and started acting like he was the second coming of Tom Jones apparently.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.