UnderGround Forums

Utah Underground >> any opinions on LA Boxing?

12/19/06 2:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
geekboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Dec-06

I live in Provo.i cant lie,going up to SLC to train would be ideal,but its just not an option to me now. I,ve had the chance to train with the local BJJ joints here in the area,but i really like mma type training. LA Boxing is here in Orem and they seem to promote themselves as a mma type of gym.I went to their grand opening and it was alright.they,re were a few people that used to train at griffins gym there. my question is does anyone train at this place?how do you like it?is it a gym geared for fighting or burning calories?i know the grappling instruction is good, but how is the rest of the training? any feed back would be cool.thanx
12/22/06 2:44 PM
SOLDAT

Edited: 03-Jun-07 01:35 AM
I believe that is where Kwame Stephens teaches MT. He is very good and a great trainer. Some of his students have done very very well. I would recommend him with out any hesitation. As for their BJJ I have no idea. I dont really know anything about said gym other than I heard Kwame was teaching there.
12/28/06 11:39 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 28-Dec-06
They don't have BJJ. One of Walt's black belts is teaching down there. I don't know the guy but I have asked around about him and he's supposed to be pretty good. And geekboy, I train at the UCTC (http://www.slcbjj.com) and we have 5 or 6 guys that hit our classes every week and drive up from your neck of the woods.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.