UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> ATTN: Germany

12/21/06 1:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
macpfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Dec-06

I just got my pinpoint and will be going to 2nd BDE, 1st AD in Baumholder. Is anyone at Baumholder and/or know what kind of MAC program they have going there? I'll be reporting in July '07. I want to start networking with fellow instructors now to see what kind of support the program has. I'm currently level three and if all goes well I'll get my orders approved and be level four before I get there. I look forward to hearing from those of you in Germany and to training with you when I get there. Jimm Boston
12/22/06 3:55 AM
EbolaMonkey

Edited: 22-Dec-06
Baumholder is pretty close by my locale. I'll ask folks I know in that area what's been happening around those parts.
12/22/06 7:19 AM
EbolaMonkey

As far as MACP folks in Baumholder, I don't know who is there, I'm still asking around though. I can tell you that there is no mat set-up or space dedicated to training at this point in time at any of the fitnass centers.
12/22/06 4:11 PM
MAJLeavitt

Never heard of anything going on a Baumholder. USAREUR is pretty much unit level and not much else, our OPTEMPO does not allow for much more than this apparently right now. I am at Hohenfels....we should have something set up soon for everyone across USAREUR I hope.
12/24/06 5:21 PM
MatsuTuri
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Dec-06
Yep, Thats where I am. So here you go. I am an MACP type of person :P But I will be gone in July. E-mail me.... Benjamin.westrich@us.army.mil I will link you up with some people.
12/28/06 11:04 AM
DaveBarron

Edited: 28-Dec-06
Friends in Germany, Are any of you guys in touch with Steve or Christine Van Fleet? Thanks, Dave
12/28/06 1:12 PM
MAJLeavitt

Edited: 28-Dec-06
Yes, I am in touch with Steve. Not sure if Christie is back from downrange yet.
12/29/06 12:40 PM
macpfighter

Edited: 29-Dec-06
MAJLeavitt, I would love to get involved with a USAREUR based program. Let me know where you stand and what future plans are. james.n.boston@us.army.mil
12/30/06 1:30 PM
MAJLeavitt

Edited: 30-Dec-06
Unfortunately I will be heading out of USAREUR more than likely in the next 6 months. Probably back DC area (MDW), or downrange. USAREUR, unlike Korea, has not really bonded over the combatives program. It really is an OPTEMPO thing I think. Most of our large units are in transition either going to and from downrange or redeploying back to CONUS (5th CORPS, 1ID, 1AD). 2 SCR and 173rd ABCT are the best bets for the future. Also, 10 SFG is going well. Infact, Steve Van Fleet wants us to do a match against 10th Group. We did have a small Gracie Barra thing going between Hohenfels and Garmisch with Dave Rosenmarkle and BJJ Black Belt Rodolfo Amaro, but both are no longer here and I am the last instructor left....
1/10/07 11:48 AM
macpfighter

Edited: 10-Jan-07
MAJLeavitt, Any chance they're looking for an instructor to replace you at Hohenfels?
1/12/07 4:17 PM
MAJLeavitt

Edited: 12-Jan-07
No...doesn't really work that way here. It is something I do on my own free time. I wish they did have positions for instructors, but they don't. You'd have to come here and O/C or something, then you'd be out in the box or TDY all the time anyway. On another note...I am going to get about 100 Blauer suits in the next couple of weeks or so. Our training from Blauer did not get approved. Anyone out there have some POIs/TTPs for using these things in say like a MOUT site, too close to shoot scenario? My concern is 1. tactical relevancy. 2. Safety.
1/12/07 7:45 PM
PimpSmack

Edited: 12-Jan-07

I believe what you are looking for is scenario based training that is conducted during the 4th week of the level III course.  Your imagination is the only limit.  Basic scenarios include "turn the corner, too close to shoot", 2 on 1 subdue the badguy, etc.  Per the USACS guidance, matches are no longer that 15 seconds, and closely supervised by a Level IV instructor.  I'm sure others will add their input.  I just wanted to give you a general overview.  Good Luck.

c

1/13/07 6:45 PM
MAJLeavitt

Edited: 13-Jan-07
Thanks PimpSmack. Once we get the suits in, I will suit up a few of our experienced guys and work through the safety issues and what not, train them, and do the risk assessment. 15 sec sounds like a good guideline. Sure would be much better to have Blauer come here vice trying to re-invent the wheel and what not. Main thing is that we get guys in the suits, closing distance and fighting, and used to the pressure/stress it adds.
3/2/07 9:04 AM
macpfighter

Edited: 02-Mar-07
Well I got my pinpoint and I'll be going to 2-6 INF at Baumholder... MAJLeavitt, on the blauer suits, I've used them during MOUT training with the IET Soldiers with pretty good results. The typical scenario is to have the "insurgent" hiding in a room in the building that's being cleared. When the Privates hit the room the insurgent grabs hold and it turns into a hand to hand fight over the weapons. Since I'm working with Privates I'm usually the one wearing the suit so that I have ultimate control of the fight. I have one of my other Drill Sergeants that are Level Two monitoring as an OC. Just like Pimpsmack said, we keep the fights to about 15 seconds, usually ending up with a flexcuffed or "dead" insurgent.
3/2/07 3:39 PM
TheGroundFighter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Mar-07
Hey Kevin...hows things going at the Outrival club? I'll tell Dave to come vist the Forum. Talk to him just about everyday now that he is back on this side of the pond. He mentioned getting back over there for a visit sometime soon. Brian Davis Gracie Barra Arkanasa (Formerly Heidelberg) www.groundfighters.com
3/9/07 3:07 PM
MAJLeavitt

Edited: 09-Mar-07
Thanks for the info macpfighter! STILL waiting on them damn suits! and I am getting Short! Hey Brian. I haven't talked much to Outrival. I was supposed to go down and train with Juerg on Judo throws a couple of weeks ago, but didn't hook up. I am headed down to Garmisch in two weeks, for about a week. Hoping to roll with those guys over there. Went to Europeans in Lisbon in Jan. Ran into Michael Haselin, he says to tell you guys Hi. Tell Dave to email me. I haven't heard from him since he left. Did he get the job at Fort Lee? How's it going with your school? I am going to try and hook up with you when I go to Little Rock. I am PCSing back to DC in July, and I will be going to Little Rock about 4 times a year. Send me Dave's email or have him email me at kevin.leavitt@us.army.mil good to hear from you Brian!
3/26/07 9:19 PM
beerbaron

Edited: 26-Mar-07
MAJLeavitt, Will you be around Hohenfels this October? Is there mat space my unit can share or sign out while we are there? If not, do you have a POC for any units that might let us train with them? My unit is passing through Hohenfels heading overseas. By the time we arrive i'll have gone through level 3 and I am looking for another level 3 and some 2's to try to put together a level 1 class. Getting guys through a level one course before going downrange is my ultimate goal. If that is not possible, i'll try to get as much mat time as possible. Any civilian gyms near Hohenfels? What is your email address?
4/6/07 6:14 PM
MAJLeavitt

Edited: 06-Apr-07
KFOR? hehehe.... Funny you should ask. I am the one of the NG advisors here in my spare time and work with the KFOR rotations. I am headed back to ARNGRC in August though so won't be here more than likely when you are here on the ground. There is a space here and it is possible that you could train here while you are here. That depends on your chain of command and their priorities. 173rd ABCT just used our space for some training. 1-4 INF (OPFOR) controls the space. work with your Chain of Command (G3/J3) when you get here and they can coordinate for use of the space possibly. My email is kevin.leavitt@us.army.mil. Email me and I will see what we can do, even if I am not here I will see if I can assist. I just added combatives in our TSIRT program here. It was well received by all the soldiers.
4/8/07 1:36 PM
BigDaddyPerkins
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Apr-07
Hey if you go to expert q&a forums, tony blauer has a forum there and checks it pretty regular. I attended his week long spear course in texas, and i am also level 4, here is the thing, I am sure Tony can help with some scenario based training ideas he is really good at that, as could a MACP level 4 certified OC. What you don't have a level 4 OC, well then you don't have personell certified to teach all the warrior tasks. Have the chain of command get some folks certified and they can incorporate the 100,000.00 dollars worth of equipment you have coming in.
4/12/07 4:48 PM
MAJLeavitt

Edited: 12-Apr-07
Thanks Big Daddy, Still waiting on the equipment...it is tied up in Aquiline I believe...need to check next week on it. We tried to purchase the Training to go along with the equipment, but they nixed it as too much money. They have no idea about the value of this yet, but they are getting there. My guess when I leave here it will sit in storage! Anyway thanks, I am hoping to go to Blauer for training, even if I have to pay my own way! Hooah
6/21/07 12:57 PM
macpfighter

Edited: 21-Jun-07
TTT....I started clearing this week and I'll be on the ground in Baumholder shortly! Can't wait to see what's going on with the program over there. I'll post again when I get set up in country. Jimm
6/23/07 2:20 PM
AsiaI

Edited: 23-Jun-07
You will probably come across a CPT Hatch when you are inprocessing. He just PCSed there also. He's a Blue Belt and will be looking for a place to train also. Hook up and got see Micheal Hasselien in NEUREID. You also have guys in Koln. Its a drive but will be worth it.
6/24/07 5:53 AM
EbolaMonkey

Edited: 24-Jun-07
Baumholder? About 1 hour away in Wiesbaden we have good training. Let me know i you want to make a weekend trip...
7/3/07 7:02 AM
macpfighter

Edited: 03-Jul-07
Thanks for the info asia and ebola. I'll contact you guys through here when I'm on the ground.
7/11/07 2:39 AM
EbolaMonkey

Edited: 11-Jul-07 06:28 AM
FYI, There are some Profights in that area scheduled 28 July, I'll be cornering a guy and will post info on location later. http://www.godsofwarffc.com/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.