UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Savard/ Tallon Thank god!!!

12/25/06 10:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Big Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Dec-06

I have been a lifelong Hawks fan as i played hockey and grew up there and it has caused me significant emotional pain to watch them falter year after year. This year looked like more of the same and i have to give it to Tallon to not wait until it was too late to make a change. I do not belive it was all Yawney's fault as Havlat, Bourque, Handsuz, Bulin were all hurt but it seems his personal and system picks were defenitly flawed! Good job Dale and Savy! BTW tell me Havlat is not one the best offensive players in the league and most exciting players to watch!
12/25/06 10:54 AM
WC17

Edited: 25-Dec-06 10:55 AM
Havlat is one of those guys that no matter how well he plays you can do without, be it his kicking incidents or playoffs disappearances. still, Ottawa got clowned there. Muckler taken to school.
12/26/06 6:28 PM
Big Pete

Edited: 26-Dec-06
Ottawa could afford to lose him but a team like Chicago who cleaned house of guys like Bell, Arnason, Calder... (thank god) we needed goals and offensive creativity and defenitly help on the PP we cant do without a guy like that. He was averaging two points a game last time i checked and how about this stat without Havlat in the lineup the Hawks averaged under 2 goals with him they averaged over 4 thats a big as an impact a single guy can have especially for a team that has long struggled to score goals.
1/8/07 6:21 PM
Big Pete

Edited: 08-Jan-07
We are dying! Losses to the Blues, Preds, and Pho????
1/8/07 9:10 PM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phoenix has won like 6 games in a row, St Lou has been very good lately too, Murray is a quality coach. Just playing some hot teams atm. Chicago still has a ways to go, i think they caught a lot of teams off guard early and were riding Havlat. They're not that far off though with a bright future if some of their young talent is developed & pans out.
1/8/07 9:25 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Coyotes are making the Playoffs. they picked up a good defensive forward today in Kevyn Adams, who knew pickig up Tellqvist could make such a difference.
1/9/07 9:20 PM
GrandInquisitor
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jan-07
I'm going to the game tomorrow against the Sabres and I'm half excited and half scared. Havlat has shown this year that he can be amazing and dynamic, but he has also shown that he can run ice cold and cotribute next to nothing. I think the biggest disappointment this year has been Adrian Aucion. He was given the big C instead of Marty Lapointe and he has been clowned on the ice multiple times recently (most recently against Kariya and the Preds). While I'm still holding out hope that the Hawks can make a strong surge and make the 8th seat into the playoffs, I'm expecting them to finish in 9th or 10th place. I just hope that Tallon recognizes the potential in this team with Savard and puts some serious money into the team via the free-agent market during the off-season.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.