UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> LCD TV help

12/27/06 11:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Benefactor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Dec-06

also posted on the og

My currect TV is on it's last legs and I am looking for an LCD 37-40" for under $1300 bucks, I've pretty much narrowed it down to two

Samsung LN-S4051D for $1350 shipped with Toshiba D-R5 DVD-RAM/DVD-R/DVD-RW Recorder from Vanns.com

or

Westinghouse LVM-37w3 from Buy.com for a little over $900 with no tuner

at first I was pretty set on getting the Samsung but saw the Westinghouse deal on Buy.com and figured for that much less it might be worth a shot, but I don't have any prior dealings with Westinghouse products.

I read reviews for both on CNET and both seemed pretty good, anyway I just don't know whether for $450 bucks its worth it for a more trusted name, 3 inches, and a DVD recorder

Also the Westinghouse is 1080p and I do have an XBox 360 with the HD-DVD player but the TV for now will not be in a huge room.

The things that are really bother me is the contrast ratio of the Westinghouse and the fear of the quality sucking and about the Samsung it would be nice to see the HD-DVD's in 1080p but I don't even know how much of a difference it would look like.

6/3/07 1:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cire
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Jun-07
Make sure you get a HD TV with a tuner. This is a must. Do some research on LCDs in your budget on the AVS forum. I researched my lcd tv for afew months before I bought it. During this time, I switched out my TV with different models twice, before settling on the Sony XBR2 40". I am very pleased with my decision on quality over size.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.