UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> RIP Saddam

12/30/06 7:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JOB
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Dec-06
12/30/06 9:14 AM
Moke
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Fin. I hate the way history constantly gets molded to fit the perspectives of the day.
12/30/06 11:17 AM
BigEyedFish
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" Saddam spent years building hospitals, schools, libraries and other public institutions. He gave electricity to most of the country, he gave them national pride. " Im assuming by 'them' you mean the minority Sunni population. Talk to some of the people who lived in the North of Iraq that were forced out of their homes in massive relocation exercises so that Sunnis could take their residences. Ask them about how much they enjoyed what this great man brought to them. If they had so much national pride, then why is everyone killing eachother? Why are many inside Iraq calling for the country to be partitioned? "He was thought of as a great man by the Reagan-Bush admin as well, it was only when it became advantagous to them to turn him into a villain that he suddenly became a "brutal dictator". " No, I think that doing things like launching chemical munitions into village centers turned him into a brutal dictator. Ask what is left of the families of the dead women and yound children that died in Halabja about this fabricated 'brutal dictator' label, see what they tell you. You need a good dose of reality. I hope it comes soon.
12/30/06 11:18 AM
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The things Stalin accomplished were incredible and if he hadn't done it in the rapid (and as a result, brutal) manner he did, the Soviet Union would have been defeated by Hitler and if that had happened, WWII would have been lost." This is a perfect example. You MUST be college educated. Im sure of it. Only someone who is would be capable of the mental gymnastics necessary to excuse starving and working to death millions of your own people. I assume Mao was just misunderstood as well? And Redneck's shit has had blatant contradictions for years but he's as steadfast as the tides.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.