UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Man vs. Wild

12/31/06 10:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sadyv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-06
Survivorman is the superior show, and people knocking Les on this thread are fools. Les is out there by himself. He has the ability to contact the rescue crew ahead of time, but there isn't 3 or 4 other camera men out there to talk to and help out. This Bear guy is tough, thats nice. There alot of other people out there just as tough or tougher than he is in a physical capacity. Those guys on Ninja Warrior would stomp his ass in an obstacle course. Doesn't mean they are better at survival skills than he is. same with Bear and Les. I'm sure Bear could jump higher, do more pull ups and pushups than les. Doesn't mean that he has more knowledge, or is even better at, surviving in harsh enviroments.
12/31/06 11:19 PM
Grimmus
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-06
I give a little more respect to Les, if Les gets hurt while alone, there's a real chance he could die before the chopper reached him. Les could also be suddenly attacked by a pedator or be knocked unconscious during a fall and die before the chopper crew even knew there was a problem. Even if Les had GPS and a firearm, that would in no way guarantee his safety. If Bear gets hurt he's got a camera crew to provide initial first aid and to guide a chopper in and provide critical details of the injury. A predator is also far less likely to attack a group of people rather than a lone person and no doubt, the crew is well armed. If Bear was put in the woods alone like Les, I doubt he'd be doing all the stunts. No way would he take those risks in a real survival situation. Man vs Wild is entertaining in a Fear Factor kinda way though.
1/1/07 1:06 AM
Big Pun
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Jan-07
it never showed him hit the rabbit. It showed him throw and to me it looked like it was going to miss. Then there's him running and cut to him holding the rabbit. I may need to watch it again, but that whole thing seemed rigged. "Can't keep from imagining the entire production crew just outside of camera range in Man vs Wild" me too, but I still watch it
1/1/07 1:09 AM
Big Pun
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see survivorman like the croc hunter. Ever noticed how Steve Irwin would jump in the water and somehow there was a camera showing his dive into the water? alot of it is set up, but it's still entertaining to me
1/1/07 1:31 AM
Stone17Wolf

I like when Bear scales down a dangerous cliff or waterfall...but yet the cameraman is already down there. So how is that possible? Especially when he says "this is the only way to get across this ravine or steeple". If it's the only way down and so seemingly tough to do...why is the cameraman already down there looking up at him? Also, there is a cameraman above him shooting also...eventually he had to get down too..to cross the ravine. There are a lot of unexplainable things going on...but it is fun to watch especially watching him eat "crap" he doesn't really have to.
1/1/07 3:32 AM
Don Key King

Implicitly
1/1/07 3:42 AM
tibesu

that dude can't hold a candle to Dick Proenneke http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Y-SD5HXZyE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Proenneke This guy did 70 chinups on his 70th birthday for a reporter who visited him. badass
1/1/07 4:13 AM
Grimmus
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched the movie on Dick Proenneke, to say he's a survivalist is an understatement. No way could I go 30 years without getting any ass though.
1/1/07 6:18 AM
Lofland
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"No way could I go 30 years without getting any ass though" I did, it was no fun.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.