UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Finished Documentary - Questions?

1/4/07 4:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pain dont hurt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Jan-07

Hey dudes, I finally finished my short documentary on crazy karate kid fans. Check out the trailer here if you'd like... http://www.myspace.com/karatekidfandocumentary The final film is 27 minutes of macchio goodness. I'm actually very happy with how it's turned out and psyched that I didn't quit on this project. If any NYC OG'ers (Lynn, Knee?) want to come to the premiere party, I'd love to have you guys. We're doing it at the Culture Club. Screening wise it's not the best venue, but party wise it'll be great. For God's sake they have a Delorian on stilts over the bar, what could be better? Shoot me an email or a message on myspace and I'll send you the evite. Also, do any of you have any ideas/recommendations on the best way to produce around 100 DVD copies of a DVD with an image/titles printed onto the disc? I don't want to do the stick on labels as they mess up some DVD players.
1/12/07 4:11 PM
vster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Jan-07
Looks pretty interesting, congrads on finishing your documentary. BPD LimeBelt
1/21/07 1:38 PM
asymmetrik

Edited: 21-Jan-07
damn i don't know how i missed this thread. if the screening hasn't happened yet, please post when it's going down. i live a few blocks from the venue. also, check out customflix.com for your dvd question.
1/22/07 7:06 AM
Iron Rooster

Edited: 22-Jan-07
Did you use any outside music? It's expen$ive!
1/25/07 5:38 AM
Iron Rooster

Edited: 25-Jan-07
And, where did you get your release forms for people shot on camera?
1/26/07 7:17 PM
Pain dont hurt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jan-07
The only music that's costing me money is the festival rights for "You're the Best" by Joe Esposito. The rest of the music is from up and coming bands that are letting me use it in the fests for free. I just copied a release form from a film I worked on and adapted it for the documentary.
4/20/07 9:45 AM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Apr-07
Thats great man, what a wierd subject! When I was around 10 I had a white belt in Shotokan and a t-shirt that said Karate Kid across the front. Nobody fucked with me when I had that shirt on, haha.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.